Best Breast Pump For Bigger Breasts: Breastfeeding can be as challenging as it is essential for both you and your baby. However, using the right pump for you can definitely ease the process. By pumping milk regularly, you can prepare future meals in advance.
Our top pick for the best breast pump for bigger breasts is the Medela Sonata Smart one, for many reasons. This double electric pump is perfect for all types of mothers, including beginners in the breastfeeding phase.
Table of Contents
- Different types of a breast pump for bigger breasts
- Which breast pump model should I go for?
- What to look for in breast pumps for bigger breasts?
- What to avoid in breast pumps?
- Best Breast Pump For Bigger Breasts
- Haakaa Manual Breast Pump
- Medela, Harmony Breast Pump (Manual Breast Pump)
- Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump, Hand Pump for Breastfeeding
- Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump
- Bumblebee Manual Breast Pump with Breastfeeding Milk Saver Stopper & Lid
- Electric Breast Pump Portable Battery Baby Milk Extractor Rechargeable Single Breastfeeding Pump
- Philips Avent Single Electric SCF332/21 White Breast Pump
- Medela, Swing, Single Electric Breast Pump, Compact and Lightweight Motor
- Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump
- Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump + Bonus Power Cushion
- Key References
This is an excellent escape for busy mothers who don’t have the available time to breastfeed every 3 hours. It is also a great alleviation for breastfeeding side effects such as breast engorgement.
If you have larger breasts, finding the right pump for you might be a little more difficult.
But it is not impossible. We put together an elaborate guide to help you find just the best pump for larger breasts that you can use!
Different types of a breast pump for bigger breasts
When it comes to pumps for bigger breasts, there are more categories to choose from. Each one comes with its pros and cons. But if you set up your mind on one specific breast pump type, it will be a lot easier to choose the right product for you.
- Manual breast pumps: Manual breast pumps are maybe the most common types of breast pumps ion the market. They are also the first pumps that appeared in the industry. These pumps don’t work on electricity or batteries. They are used manually every time you need to pump.
- Single electric breast pumps: These pumps got to be very popular in the past years, because of their increased efficiency. The concept is the same as one of the manual pumps, but they work with electricity. You might use them with a power cord or batteries, depending on the model. These pumps might also come with different features, such as different pumping speeds or massage functions.
- Double electric breast pumps: The single electric pumps are similar to the single ones, only that they can help you pump more milk at once. You will not have to go from one breast to another as you can pump them both simultaneously. You will notice that these pumps also come with different functions.
Which breast pump model should I go for?
Even if this is a very subjective aspect, as you should ultimately use the type of breast pump you feel more comfortable with, there are still certain things to consider.
The typical preference of most mothers with larger breasts goes toward the double electric breast pumps category.
Here are the main reasons for this choice:
- These pumps are more comfortable to use, which makes them more convenient.
- You can pump more milk at the same time by emptying both breasts simultaneously. When you have bigger breasts, the double pumping function can help you avoid leaking milk in the pumping process.
- You can carry these pumps with you as you need since most of them come in a compact form. Women with larger breasts tend to produce more milk as well. Because of this, they might need to pump more often than other moms.
What to look for in breast pumps for bigger breasts?
Whatever type of breast pump you decide to invest in, there are certain aspects you should pay attention to. The following features will help you choose a high-quality product!
- Size of the pump shields: You should invest in a breast pump that comes with flanges big enough for your breasts. Check the product description and see if you can purchase different sizes of flanges in case the ones that come with the pump are not the right size.
- Materials used: A breast pump is an intimate product, and the skin of your breasts is very sensitive. This is why you should only use pumps that are made of safe plastic and silicone.
- Leaking hazards: Some breast pumps might not seal on your breasts entirely. If they don’t seal the right way, milk might be leaking outside of the pump shield. This feature is highly connected with choosing the correct flange size.
- Sound: You want a breast pump that is as quiet as possible. All pumps will make some type of noise as you are using them. But what matters is that this noise should not disturb your baby or anyone else present in the room.
What to avoid in breast pumps?
There are not many things to avoid when you purchase a breast pump.
- But you should pay extra attention to safety aspects.
- If the size of the pump can be adjusted, as well as the pumping levels, the safety aspect can’t be compromised on.
- Stay away from breast pumps that are not BPA, and PVC free or those use materials, not FDA approved. These might not be hygienic enough, and you can develop different skin reactions from them as well.
Best Breast Pump For Bigger Breasts
Here are the best breast pumps for large breasts according to each category that you can find on the market.
All of the following products are of impeccable quality and very appreciated by mothers with bigger breasts.
Haakaa Manual Breast Pump
One of the breast manual breast pumps that you will find on the market is this Haakaa model.
- This product is a budget-friendly one, perfect for new mothers who just start their breastfeeding journey. In spite of its reasonable price, it is recommended by the best specialists in the industry.
- Imitates perfectly the natural suction so you will not struggle using this pump. Thanks to this feature, it is also straightforward to use this product.
- This pump is very lightweight, which allows you to carry it everywhere you need. It also has a simple design.
- The size of this pump will be great for all types of breasts. The flanges are made of high-quality silicone material, and it will not create any discomfort to sensitive nipples.
- This product doesn’t contain any BPA, PVC, or any other harmful materials. It is approved by the FDA and very safe to use.
Medela, Harmony Breast Pump (Manual Breast Pump)
Medela is a very appreciated brand when it comes to breast pumps. This manual pump will not disappoint you either.
- This pump is straightforward to use, especially when you are not in the comfort of your home. It is very lightweight and convenient to carry with you.
- Thanks to the ergonomic design of this pump, you will feel very comfortable to use it. The flanges are very soft, so they will not give you any discomfort.
- You can adjust the suction by using the manual handle. Most manual pumps don’t give you the freedom to choose between different suctions, so this is an exciting feature.
- You should be able to get more milk in a short period so you can make the most out of this experience.
- Inside the package, you will find everything you need to start pumping right away. It also comes with instructions that will help you use it correctly.
Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump, Hand Pump for Breastfeeding
Lansinoh is also a great brand that offers plenty of high-quality breast pumps to mothers.
- Lightweight pump that you can take with you everywhere you want. It is also very easy to use thanks to the ergonomic design that keeps your hand comfortable when pumping.
- Two pumping modes for increased efficiency. This pump can adjust to the needs of any mother!
- Includes two different sizes of flanges, one for average size breasts and one for large breasts. You also get all the accessories you need to start pumping as soon as you receive your package.
- It is a hygienic pump and safe to use for both you and your baby.
- The creator of this pump is a breastfeeding mom herself. So she understands the struggles of this phase very well.
Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump
Philips is also a very appreciated brand that you will not regret investing in. This pump can be an excellent start for new mothers who are just getting into the world of breastfeeding.
- It is made of a high-quality plastic material that will last you a long time. But it is vital to maintain it properly and clean it after every use.
- The design of this pump allows you to use it comfortably, even when you are on the go.
- Soft cushion to stimulate suction and the flow of milk. This cushion is not an everyday thing to all manual breast pumps, so it can be a real advantage to have it.
- It comes in a compact shape, very easy to use with no hassle.
- All materials used to put together this product are BPA free.
- You can use it successfully with other Philips accessories for your convenience.
Bumblebee Manual Breast Pump with Breastfeeding Milk Saver Stopper & Lid
The last manual breast pump that you should consider investing in is this model from Bumblebee.
- You can choose between a blue and pink color when you purchase this pump.
- It uses the same type of suction pressure as the breastfeeding process would. This makes the breast pump very easy and comfortable to use.
- This pump is made of high-quality silicone material, soft enough to not hurt your breasts.
- It is a great pump to use to reduce breast engorgement as well.
- This breast pump is BPA, PVC free, and it is made only of safe materials so you can use it without concerns.
- It is also very lightweight so you can bring it with you every time you need to. It comes with all the accessories you need.
Electric Breast Pump Portable Battery Baby Milk Extractor Rechargeable Single Breastfeeding Pump
When it comes to electric breast pumps, this model from TYRY.HU is one of the best that you can invest in.
- Perfect for mothers with larger breasts thanks to the size of the generous flange.
- This breast pump is made of high quality, safe silicone material. It is BPA free, PVC free, and doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals for you and your baby.
- You can even use this breast pump with one hand as it comes in a straightforward design. It is light enough to bring it with you everywhere you want as well.
- You have the option to modify both the massage level and the pumping level in a way that feels more comfortable to you. There are three different modes, and each one has 20 compatible levels.
- This product is designed with anti-backflow technology. No drop of milk will be lost in the process.
- It is very quiet, and you can adjust it with no hassle, even if you have no experience in the matter. The manufacturer included all the instructions you need to follow.
- The li-ion battery is rechargeable, so you don’t need any cables to use this pump.
Philips Avent Single Electric SCF332/21 White Breast Pump
Another Philips breast pump that might be the best for mothers with larger breasts might be this model.
- One of the main qualities of this pump is that it is quiet. You will not wake up your baby when you use it, and it is very discreet as well.
- You can pump efficiently as it is created with your comfort in mind. There is no need to lean in any position to get the results you want with this pump.
- It can express milk at three different speeds, such as low, medium, and high. There is also a soft stimulation level to use to encourage milk flow.
- There is also a cushion that increases comfort and helps you massage your breasts.
- The shape of this product is very compact and easy to carry with you. It has a lightweight as well, which only adds to its benefits.
- This is an excellent choice for larger breasts.
Medela, Swing, Single Electric Breast Pump, Compact and Lightweight Motor
If you are looking for the best breast pump for larger breasts, this model from Medela has everything you need.
- The compact and lightweight design of this breast pump makes it perfect for mothers who want a portable pump.
- There are two phases of pumping that you can use. This should help mothers pump more milk without wasting too much time.
- You can use it with a power cord or with batteries. This versatility allows you to adapt the breast pump use to the circumstances you find yourself in.
- Inside the package, you receive all the accessories you need.
- Different size flanges can be purchased separately from the manufacturer, as well.
Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump
The best double electric breast pump for larger breasts is this Medela model that made breastfeeding so0 much easier for many mothers.
- This breast pump is recommended by the best lactation specialists in the industry. It is highly efficient and comes at an impeccable quality.
- You will get the most milk in the shortest period by using this double breast pump.
- You can choose between different pumping speeds, and there are two expression phases available as well. Thanks to these features, the breast pump can satisfy any needs and expectations.
- You can connect it to the brands’ application, called MyMedela, to control it a lot easier. This can help you keep a history of your pumping sessions as well and increase your efficiency.
- With this breast pump, you don’t have to worry about noise. It is very quiet, and you can enjoy your privacy every time you use it. Plus, it will not wake up your baby either!
- It is easy to use and comes with all the instructions you need.
Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump + Bonus Power Cushion
Philips also offers a double electric breast pump that you might fall in love with. It is perfect for larger breasts, and you can always get new flanges to match your needs better.
- This pump comes with three different expression modes, such as low, medium, and high. You will be able to adjust the style according to your needs and comfort.
- There is also a stimulating mode that will help you get the milk flow going more natural and more comfortable.
- The massage cushion system is excellent for not only for stimulating your breasts but also helping you relax during pumping.
- You receive all the accessories you need in the package, and the 27 mm power cushions are perfect for larger breasts.
- This breast pump is quiet as well, which is a great feature as you don’t want to wake up your baby when you are pumping.
- It is BOPA free, lightweight, and very portable. You can fit it in your purse easily and bring it with you as you need.
The Medela Sonata Smart is just the breast pump you need when you are on the go as well as when you are at home.
- Inside the package, you receive you will find the breast pump, the rechargeable battery, a useful bag, a complete double kit for pumping with all the needed accessories, two sizes of flanges, bottles, and a power cord.
- It will alleviate various pains and discomfort during breastfeeding months.
- You have the option to schedule pumping sessions according to your life schedule.
- This pump can be easily controlled; it has a touch screen display as well, which will turn out to be very efficient.
- With the application that can be used along with this pump, you can track your baby's growth as well as your pumping results.
Choosing the best breast pump for bigger breasts is a crucial decision for you, but it doesn’t have to be a complicated one.
By following this guide, you will end up with the perfect pump for you. This is important for your health and comfort but also for your baby’s feeding.
You have to consider that your breast pump will be the main product you will use daily to make sure that your baby is eating correctly and on time.
- “Breast Pumping: A Guide on When and How Long to Pump | Milk101 | Ameda”. Accessed November 24, 2019. Link.
- “Breastfeeding With Large Breasts”. Accessed November 24, 2019. Link.
- “Pumping breast milk: An overview | BabyCenter”. Accessed November 24, 2019. Link.