Best Breast Pumps For Twins: Having a baby is the most essential thing in a woman’s life. Every mother knows how important it is to breastfeed her child. Having twins can be a little more challenging for the mother especially when it comes to feeding them.
This Hermano model will charm you with its design as much as it will attract you with its features.
- You can use this pump in the single or dual mode as you find useful.
- This breast pump will empty your breasts fast and with no discomfort which is why many mothers love it.
- The whole unit weighs 2.9 pounds so you can bring it with you as you need.
- The noise that this breast pump will generate is lower than 45 db so it will not bother anyone. Your baby can sleep peacefully while you are pumping for their next meal.
- This breast pump can be used in the hands free mode which increases its functionality. You can use your hands to take care of other important aspects once you set the pump up.
If you are one of those lucky mothers, you will need the best breast pump for twins on the market!
This complete guide will help you select the best breast pump for you without wasting too much time researching.
Table of Contents
- What to look for in breast pumps for twins?
- Why use breast pumps for twins?
- Best Breast Pumps For Twins
- Smibie Dual Motor Double Electric Breast Pump for Efficient Breast Pumping
- Electric Double Breast Pump
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
- Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- Double Electric Breast Pump, Yunbaby S19 Portable Breastfeeding Pump Ultra Quiet
- Hermano KINYO Double Electric Breast Pump Portable Breastfeeding Milk Pump with LCD Screen
- Bambeego Double Electric Breast Pump with Independent Dual Control
- Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps Pain-Free Strong Suction Power Touch Panel High Definition Display
- Bellababy Pocket Double Electric Breast Pump Come with Hanging Lanyard Storage Bags and Adapters Bottle Thread Changers
- Philips AVENT Single Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- Frequently Asked Questions around Twins breast pumps
- Key References
What to look for in breast pumps for twins?
If you have twins, you most likely need a breast pump for twins to accommodate all your needs. This is not a natural choice if you never purchased such a product.
The reasons to invest in a breast pump are endless, but overall, such an item can ease your job significantly!
Here is what you should look for in such a pump to make sure that you end up with the best one for you!
- The settings of your pump are essential for its functionality. You should choose a pump that works at different levels, especially suction levels. It is vital to have a massage and stimulation mode to prepare your breasts for the pumping process. All these features will help you pump breast milk for twins a lot easier!
- These pumps also have the name of dual pumps because they can pump both breasts at the same time. You should try to go for a pump that works in both dual and single-mode. This will help you to be prepared for more types of situations regarding pumping.
- Check to see if you get all the accessories you need along with your pump. When using a dual breast pump, you should be interested in safety and functionality equally. You need to make sure that your milk is stored correctly and pumped in sterilized bags or containers. Some pumps come with the asset of sterilized bags that you can use right away. You will also need adapters and bottles to be ready to pump at all times!
- The material of such a pump is also beneficial. The best twins breast pumps are made of BPA free material and PVC free material. Your breasts are very sensitive as well, so you should make sure the pump offers enough cushion. If there is no cushion, you might get discomfort or even pain during pumping.
Why use breast pumps for twins?
Breast pumps for twins can be a real lifesaver. If you are still debating about investing in one of these products, here are some significant advantages!
- Such a pump saves you time during pumping. You will be able to pump both breasts simultaneously, which is very efficient.
- Twins’ breast pumps are very comfortable as well. These pumps have many settings that allow you to set the type of pumping level that you are satisfied with.
- Breast pumps come at all types of prices. You can find twins breast pumps at any price range. As long as you set up a budget for this type of investment, you can count on the fact that you will find an excellent product for your pocket.
- They are very portable. Most of these pumps come in a compact design, and they are very lightweight. This allows you to bring them with you everywhere you want.
Best Breast Pumps For Twins
To save you from hours of researching the best breast pump for twins, we gathered the most appreciated products on the market!
Smibie Dual Motor Double Electric Breast Pump for Efficient Breast Pumping
This breast pump is one of the best that you can invest in thanks to its high-quality features. It is a double breast pump, which makes it perfect for twins.
- It comes in three different colors that you can choose from.
- You can pump 80% faster by using this pumo than you would with a regular pump.
- This pump has a dual motor, so you can use it in double function.
- It comes with silicone pads that are soft to minimize any pain or discomfort during pumping.
- You can choose between 4 pumping modes as well as 18 suction settings.
- Thanks to the integrated memory of this pump, you will not have to reset it every time you use it.
- The silicone used for this pump is BPA free.
- This is a very quiet pump, as well.
- It has a rechargeable battery and a compact shape.
Electric Double Breast Pump
Another great breast pump for twins is this model from Phileex. It also comes at a budget-friendly price and a high quality.
- You can get this pump in a double and single version.
- It has a massage mode so you can prepare your breasts for suction.
- It reduces suction time significantly.
- This is a very quiet pump with multiple settings to choose from according to your needs.
- You also receive a bag to bring your pump with you more comfortable.
- It is effortless to recharge this pump by using the USB connection.
- The design is anti-backflow, so you can use it comfortably and efficiently.
- The material used to create this pump contains no BPA, which makes it safe for all mothers.
- You will love the fact that this product is certified and recommended by doctors, so you don’t take any risks by using it daily.
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
Medela is one of the best brands on the market when it comes to breast pumps. It comes with many useful accessories to go along with the pump for a better experience.
- This pump has a power of 120 VAC, and it is one of the first pumps your doctor will recommend you to use.
- It is the type of pump that you can rely on for daily use and even more times a day. If you have twins, most likely, you will have to use the pump more often, so this is a great plus.
- The package comes with the initial pump, as well as a bag to carry it more accessible. You will also get bottles to store the milk and lids, as well as ice pads and different shield sizes.
- This pump also comes with the power adapter that you will need and two-phase technology. This allows you to pump easy and fast in any condition.
Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
Philips is a famous brand, and this breast pump for twins will not disappoint you. It is the best one that you can invest in, and it comes at a budget-friendly price.
- The design is ergonomic, and it increases comfort during pumping.
- You will love the fact that this pump will stimulate your breasts by gently massaging them. This helps in producing more milk, as well.
- You can set it to the expression mode that you are comfortable with. The options are low, medium, and high, and it is easy to switch from one to another.
- The material of this pump is BPA free and very safe to use as well as very resistant. You can use this product daily, and it should last you a long time.
- It also comes with a 20 mm cushion, and you can order more from the manufacturer separately.
Double Electric Breast Pump, Yunbaby S19 Portable Breastfeeding Pump Ultra Quiet
Another great choice, if you are looking for a breast pump for twins, is this model from Yunbaby. You will fall in love with this pump as soon as you start using it!
- It is a very quiet pump, so it will not bother your little ones while they are sleeping. You can use it even at night with no concerns for noise.
- You can pump directly into the sterilized bags that come with this package. This keeps your milk fresh and in perfect condition for your baby to consume anytime they are hungry. Inside the box, you will find five sterilized bags, and you can always purchase more.
- There are five different modes to choose from as well as nine suction settings to use according to what is convenient for you.
- There is no need to worry about backflow thanks to the efficient and functional design of this pump. The tubes will remain dry and clean as you use this pump.
- It is made only of high-quality BPA material that you can count on.
- The battery will last you up to 3 hours of pumping once it is fully charged.
- You can bring this pump with you every time you need it as it comes in a compact size and ergonomic design.
Hermano KINYO Double Electric Breast Pump Portable Breastfeeding Milk Pump with LCD Screen
Hermano offers you a different type of breast pump for twins with unique features. You will not want to use anything else once you give this product a try.
- This pump is designed to increase milk extraction in the shortest time than other pumps. It simulates the same suction type that your baby would have so you can feel very comfortable while you are using this pump.
- It comes with nine different speeds so you can adjust it just how you want to use it. This pump also has several massage functions to use to increase your comfort.
- An exciting feature of this product is the LCD screen that it comes with. On the screen, you will see the mode you are using, the time as well as the battery life. There is also a light on the screen so you can use it just as well during the night.
- This pump will not make a lot of noise either. It will not bother your baby’s sleep, and you can use it several times a day with no concerns.
- The design of this pump is anti-backflow, so your milk will be safe at all times, and no drop will be wasted.
Bambeego Double Electric Breast Pump with Independent Dual Control
Looking for a more professional breast pump for twins that you can rely on? This product from Bambeego is just what you need!
- Each pump is independent, so you can use this product as a single pump or a dual pump as you wish.
- There are not less than nine powers to choose from for the vacuum of this pump. Also, the two-phase pumping will help you find the right level of comfort for you.
- The materials used for this pump are both BPA free and PVC free. It is an eco-friendly product that is safe to use for you as well as the environment.
- This pump respects and follows the highest FDA standards in the industry, so you don’t have to worry at all while using it.
- It has an LCD screen that shows you essential information such as mode as well as the time and the suction status.
Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps Pain-Free Strong Suction Power Touch Panel High Definition Display
Bellababy offers this very efficient and modern breast pump for twins. It is one of the most popular products on the market thanks to its high-quality features and budget-friendly price!
- You will feel no pain or discomfort while pumping, thanks to the ergonomic design of this pump. You can use it as often as you want, and there are no risks involved.
- This package comes with all the accessories you need to start using it. It has storage bags and the adapters you need to use them. You can pump the milk directly in the individual bags and not worry about safety aspects.
- You can choose between four different modes as well as nine suction settings. This pump has everything it needs to accommodate all expectations and preferences.
- The LCD screen shows you the mode you are using, as well as the time and other settings of this pump.
- You can start it by simply clicking the button with one finger, which makes this pump discreet and easy to use.
Bellababy Pocket Double Electric Breast Pump Come with Hanging Lanyard Storage Bags and Adapters Bottle Thread Changers
Another Bellababy breast pump that you can use and rely on is this very portable model. It is the type of pump that you will be able to bring with you everywhere you go.
- This pump is straightforward to use at home, at work, and even on the go. It is very portable so bringing it with you will not be a problem.
- You will get everything you need in this package, from storage bags, adapters to bottles, and other useful ones.
- The flange size is 24 mm, which is very comfortable for all types of mothers. The silicone cushion is also removable and very easy to use during pumping.
- You can adjust this pump to the type of suction that you want from 80 mmHg to 300 mmHg. You can also set this pump in a massage mode that will stimulate milk suction.
Philips AVENT Single Electric Comfort Breast Pump
The last but not least breast pump for twins is this AVENT model from Philips. This is a professional breast pump that you will love to use.
- The ergonomic design of this product offers you a very comfortable pumping experience in any position.
- You can decide to use this product at different speeds, such as low, medium, and high. It also comes with massage and stimulation mode for a wonderful experience.
- Soft cushion to make sure that you don’t experience any pain or discomfort.
- This pump is very lightweight, and it doesn’t have many parts. Thanks to this aspect, you can carry it with you with less hassle.
- All materials used to create this pump are BPA free and safe for all users.
Frequently Asked Questions around Twins breast pumps
Question: Can I use these pumps since I give birth, or do I need to breastfeed without them for a while?
Yes, you can use them as soon as you need to feed your baby. It might take some time to get used to how these twin breast pumps function, primarily if you never used one before. There are twin breast pumps that can be used as single pumps until you get used to pumping. Either way, you will have to find what works best for you and how you can make the most out of this pumping process.
Question: Are they safe to use?
Twins’ breast pumps are very safe to use, but you need to make sure that you invest in a high-quality product. If your pump has the right type of cushion and an ergonomic design, you can count on the comfort it offers you. It is also important to choose a pump made of BPA free material, so you don’t take any risks.
Question: Should I consider a single breast pump or double breast pump for twins?
If you are debating about what type of pump you should use for twins, there are a few useful points that you should consider.
Pros for using a double breast pump
- Saves you pumping time.
- Easy to use.
- Ergonomic design.
- More sterile.
- Different settings for increased comfort.
Cons for using a double breast pump
- It might take a while to get used to using the double pump.
- Some double pumps can be louder than other pumps.
Pros for using a single pump
- It helps you stimulate each breast individually.
- Easier to manage.
Cons for using a single pump
- You waste more time pumping.
- It is not as safe and sterile as the double pump.
- It might be more uncomfortable to use it.
- Fewer settings than the double pump.
Question: Is there a difference between a regular breast pump and a twins breast pump?
Yes, the main difference is that twins breast pumps are double pumps that allow you to pump both breasts at the same time. This will save you time and energy as you don’t have to go from one breast to another to make sure they are both empty. Twins breast pumps also come with different settings that help you pump just the way you need to and be comfortable.
Pumping the milk, you need for your little ones is not going to be a challenge anymore if you use the right type of pump. With the twins’ breast pumps in this guide, you will definitely not go wrong.
It is important to be not only safe but also very comfortable when you are using a breast pump.
As hard as it might seem to choose the best breast pump for twins from all products reviewed above, our top pick is the Hermano model. This is definitely an investment that you will not regret!
- “Do I Need a Breast Pump? – Breastfeeding Support”. Accessed October 04, 2019. Link.
- “15 Reasons to Use A Breast Pump”. Accessed October 04, 2019. Link.