Best Car Seat Stroller Combo for Infants: For new moms, it can be very challenging to get their baby out and about. When stressed, tired, or just busy, finding a way to make their lives easier is all many parents want. This is why the car seat stroller combo for infants is becoming more popular today.
Our top pick for the best car seat stroller combo for infants is the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System. This travel system is a versatile stroller that will carry your baby from birth through toddlerhood.
Table of Contents
- Best Car Seat + Stroller Combo – Comparison Table
- Do I Need a Complete Travel System?
- Advantages of the Car Seat and Stroller Combo
- What to Look for in Combo?
- Best Car Seat Stroller Combo for Infants
- 1. Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
- 2. Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
- 3. Graco FastAction SE Travel System
- 4. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- 5. Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Amble Quad Travel System
- 6. Britax 2017 B-Agile Travel System
- 7. Evenflo Vive Travel System
- 8. Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System Stroller
- Key References
The complete travel systems (car seat + stroller combo) are becoming the go-to purchase for many new parents. It’s easy to see why – a compatible system that will take your little one from the car to the stroller without the need to disturb or unseat your child.
With a wide range of styles available, you can match your car seat stroller combo with your lifestyle – from all-terrain strollers to urban baby ‘chariots‘. Additionally, unlike separate stroller frames and car seats, your infants won’t outgrow the stroller if they become too large for the car seat.
But which car seat stroller combo for infants should you go for? Check out our review to help you decide.
Best Car Seat + Stroller Combo – Comparison Table
Do I Need a Complete Travel System?
Up until six months old, note that your little one would not be ready for strollers because they cannot sit up on their own yet.
So, what are your choices then? Well, you can buy a stroller, which includes a bassinet with a fully reclined seat, and it would be safer for newborn travel. However, these travel systems won’t make your job more comfortable as you need to physically take your baby out of one system (stroller) to another system (car seat) and vice-versa. The other choice is to purchase a stroller that can carry the car seat as an attachment.
Instead of a prepackaged travel system, you may purchase the car seat and the stroller separately. However, make sure that the car seat and stroller are compatible with each other.
To avoid this hassle, the trend right now for new parents is that they opt for the complete travel system to save time in researching the compatible car seat and stroller.
Advantages of the Car Seat and Stroller Combo
- For new parents, two of the most essential pieces of baby equipment they will probably buy are a car seat and stroller.
- These 2 essentials are vital for travel as well as getting out and about. The car seat will help keep your baby safe while on the road while the stroller will keep them protected and comfortable when you arrive at your destination.
- It is always smart to buy both items simultaneously, as many baby strollers can take a car seat.
- So when you buy the two as a ‘bundle’, it means you are getting a combo that works together from the beginning.
- A car seat and stroller combo are not just about ease of use and convenience. It can be helpful to your baby, too, as you can take your baby from the car to the stroller with minimal disruption.
What to Look for in Combo?
Car seat and stroller combo can make the life of a busy mom easier and are well worth the investment. But before you start shopping, it is vital to ensure the travel system you choose fits your lifestyle and needs. To get the best car seat and stroller combo for infants, consider the following:
A) Ease of Use
When choosing a car seat and stroller combo, look at how easy it is to use, in the ways you want to use it. Consider how easily the stroller section opens and closes as well as how compact it is when folded. Additionally, look at how easy it is to keep clean and maintain – washable seat covers are always a blessing.
B) Size and Weight
Regardless of how amazing a travel system may look, if it’s too bulky or heavy, you will soon become uncomfortable to maneuver them. The difficulty may be seen in and around elevators or stairs if they are a part of your day-to-day routine. Also, make sure the folded down stroller fits into your car’s trunk or any other public transport you use.
C) Type of Terrain
Where and how you plan to use your travel system will influence your final pick. Check out the variety of terrains and surfaces the stroller can handle comfortably, especially if you enjoy spending time outdoors or plan to include jogging and exercise as you push your little one around.
D) Safety Features
As with any child products, when it comes to choosing a new car seat and stroller combo, safety is a vital consideration. Ensure you check the system you are buying passes all the necessary federal safety standards and has the highest safety rating. Additionally, check the installation to ensure you fit the seat correctly into your vehicle.
When shopping for the best car seat stroller combo, consider the extras you can get, such as storage basket, adjustable handlebars, a sun canopy, or even cup holders. However, remember, you will probably be paying a bit extra for certain features, so ensure you’ll actually use them, and they will make strolling with your baby more comfortable.
How much you are willing to spare could be the deal-breaker, so ensure you know your budget before making your final choice. The best travel system may cost a bit more than separately buying the items, but you will get the convenience of an integrated system.
Best Car Seat Stroller Combo for Infants
Here are the top 8 best car seat stroller combo for infants on the market today:
1. Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
The Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System is a budget-friendly car seat stroller combo that is popular for families who enjoy a no-fuss and stylish system.
- The Smooth Ride stroller can accommodate kids weighing up to 50lbs.
- It features the OnBoard 35 LT Infant Car Seat that can fit babies from 4 to 35 pounds.
- The car seat provides a good fit for newborns and preemies. This unit is available in 4 colors; wisteria lane, moss green, monument 2, and lake blue.
- The fabrics of this travel system are as stylish and plush as any premium car seat stroller combo.
- The stroller glides smoothly, and the huge canopy comes with an extra flip-out visor for additional sun protection.
- One of the best things about the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System is that it is flip-flop friendly.
- This means the rear brakes are easy to engage and disengage with a toe-tap switch, which can be painful and annoying with flip-flops.
2. Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
The Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System is another unit that is great for tight budgets.
- It features the Baby Trend Flex Loc infant car seat that fits babies from 5 to 30 pounds.
- The stroller works for children and infants up to 50 pounds.
- This fun-looking car seat stroller combo is very affordable and has great patterns and prints that many parents tend to love.
- The well-padded seat on the system has multiple recline settings and a removable large head support pillow that can also serve as a car seat.
- Parents with multiple car seats will appreciate this stroller as it fits well in a three-seat configuration.
- The Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System features an adjustable height handle, making it great for taller parents.
3. Graco FastAction SE Travel System
The Graco FastAction SE Travel System is the ideal car seat stroller combo for those parents looking for an affordable, easily foldable, and portable option.
- The one-second, one-hand fold makes transporting the stroller easier, keeping your other hand free for other things.
- The SnugRide 30 LX infant car seat can accommodate children up to 30 pounds.
- This Graco car seat stroller combo can hold babies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The convenient design includes a folding child’s tray for added portability and a more compact fold.
- The lightweight and sturdy frame help to keep your child comfortable during all your explorations.
4. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
Go stylish and sleek with this beautiful car seat stroller combo that is very practical and easy to use.
- With a wide range of safety features, including its unique SafeZone fixed base for your vehicle, this travel system is all about your little one’s comfort, whether out for a stroll or in the car.
- This best affordable infant car seat/stroller combo has 6 modes, including a reversible carriage mode so your baby can face in and out, and it is easy to adjust each position.
- Also, it’s very light, and the smart slimline design makes getting about more comfortable.
- However, this means you lose some storage space underneath, but that is a minor drawback.
- The padded and ergonomic handles are great for parents when pushing, and the four tires give a smooth ride over most surfaces.
- Overall, the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is an excellent mid-priced car seat stroller combo that is sure to last into toddlerhood.
5. Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Amble Quad Travel System
The Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Amble Quad Travel System offers a fun way to travel with your baby.
- Any Mickey fan will love the adorable design on this stroller.
- This best infant car seat can accommodate infants weighing up to 22 lbs while the stroller has a maximum weight capacity of 40 lbs.
- The car seat is well padded for protection and comfort of your little one.
- The front tires swivel makes it easy to maneuver on tight corners and crowded spaces.
- It features a large storage basket underneath the stroller’s seat, which will come in handy when you are out and about.
6. Britax 2017 B-Agile Travel System
Britax is well-known for its quality baby gear, and this travel system is no exception.
- The Britax 2017 B-Agile Travel System features 3 wheels and is designed to be agile for maneuvering around corners and through crowds with ease.
- With just one hand, this stroller folds up quickly.
- The B-Safe 35 car seat can hold babies weighing up to 35 lbs and has several safety features, including an impact-absorbing base and a steel frame.
- With its Click ‘n’ Go system, it clicks easily into place in the stroller.
7. Evenflo Vive Travel System
For a quality travel system at a budget price, then the Evenflo Vive Travel System is of great value.
- From a styling perspective, this is a pretty looking car seat stroller combo with a clean-looking mint and grey colorway.
- Weighing just less than 30 lbs, this stroller is remarkably lightweight. It’s also pretty impressive as a car seat; the seat is straightforward to release or attach, and there is a stay-in-car base.
- With a 3 to 5 safety harness system and a nicely padded seat, you can customize the car seat position.
- Additionally, the sleeping space is perfect for a newborn.
- The Evenflo Vive Travel System is a great value travel system, and while it is not so good on bumpy terrain, it’s enough for domestic use.
8. Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System Stroller
The Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System Stroller is the perfect option for families with two kids with a small age difference.
- The stroller expands from a single to a dual-mode with no extra parts or tools needed, making it great for growing families.
- It offers up to 22 seating options, so your kids can sit at various heights.
- The extra-large storage basket expands to more than two feet for back and front access for convenience.
- The rear-wheel suspension and front-wheel swivel offer superior maneuverability and a smoother ride.
When shopping for the best car seat stroller combo for infants, remember to check if both parts (toddler seat and infant car seat) have the features you need.
Choosing the combo that makes sense for your family will make getting out and about with your little one easy.
- “Stroller safety: Tips for parents – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed December 06, 2019. Link.
- “Choosing a baby car seat – NHS”. Accessed December 06, 2019. Link.