Breast Milk Organizer For Freezer: If you are planning to store breastmilk for future meals, you probably know that freezing is the best option you have. But when you are freezing your breast milk, you have to consider how much storage you have available. The good news is that you can make almost any type of freezer work for you as long as you organize your breastmilk wisely.
Our top pick for the best breast milk organizer for the freezer is Medela Breast Milk Storage Solution Set. It comes plenty of accessories, and all materials used are safe and resistant. You can use them in both the freezer and fridge, which is super convenient. You can't go wrong with Medela!
We gathered the best breastmilk organizers that you can find on the market and added them to this complete guide. So, keep reading to find not only the ideal breastmilk organizer but also useful information regarding this type of storage.
Table of Contents
Best Breast Milk Organizers For Freezer – Comparison Table
How does a breast milk organizer help?
If you never used a breast milk organizer, you might wonder why these products are so appreciated by mothers worldwide. They come with many advantages that they can ease your life significantly during those challenging nursing months.
You can store more breast milk in less space
Since these organizers are usually compact, you will be able to store more breast milk meals in less space. Usually, you would place your breast milk bags and bottles in the freezer or the fridge without any dividers, and that can create small chaos quite fast. But by using an organizer, you don’t have to worry about that. You can place your breast milk in the containers of your organizer and refill them as you use your supply.
You get to access the oldest breast milk easier
Most organizers come with a first in-first out system. This system will help you use the oldest milk first, which is also one of the main rules of storing breast milk. It is essential to feed your baby the oldest breast milk as this milk is the one that will go bad first as well. And if you use an organizer with such a storage system, you will not have to spend seconds or even minutes to identify which breast milk bag or bottle was stored first.
Your breast milk has fewer risks of being contaminated
The best way to store breastmilk in freezer is to use an organizer. Since you will place your breast milk into an organizer, it will stay separated from the rest of the items in your freezer or fridge. When it comes to breast milk, one of your main concerns should be maintaining it at the optimum quality for a long time. So, not getting it contaminated is a significant aspect and a good advantage of organizers.
You avoid accidents
Dropping bottles of breast milk as you get them out of the fridge or freezer can be a common hazard. But if you place them in the compartments of a unique organizer, you will be able to access your storage a lot easier. You can get the bottle or the breast milk bag you want without having to touch other items in your fridge or freezer. Each bottle or bag should have its own space inside the organizer, especially so you can access it faster and safer.
Can you put breast milk directly into the freezer?
It is essential to store your breast milk correctly, regardless of the storage system or the organizer you use. And one of the common questions for most mothers is if they can place the breast milk directly in the freezer.
The good news is that yes, you can put your breast milk directly in the freezer. As a matter of fact, you should place it in the freezer as soon as you pump it unless you are going to use it for a meal. Even more than that, a great storage tip is to place your breast milk in the back of your freezer. This way, your supply will stay at a colder temperature, and it will remain in excellent condition for a longer time. Plus, you will not affect the temperature of the breast milk by opening the door of the freezer. If you can’t place your breast milk in the freezer as soon as possible, you can store it in the fridge or a cooler for up to 24 hours before you freeze it.
Can I transfer breast milk from the freezer to a deep freezer?
If you are wondering whether or not you can transfer your breast milk from your kitchen freezer to your deep freezer, the answer is that you can safely do that. What you have to consider, though, is the temperature of the deep freezer. As long as this temperature is 0 degrees F or below, you should be safe to transfer your milk with no additional risks.
However, you should consider the time you first placed your breast milk into the kitchen freezer. This time does not reset once you transfer it to the deep freezer. So, if your breast milk stayed in the freezer for a month, then it will be one month old when you place it into the deep freezer. Breast milk stays good in the freezer for about nine months, so you should take that into account as you store your breast milk.
What to look for?
Investing in a breast milk freezer storage can be a challenge if you never purchased such a product. But if you are aware of the most critical aspects, you will simplify your task a lot. So, here are a few things that you should consider before pulling your credit card out!
When you invest in any type of accessory or product that will get in contact with your baby’s food, you should pay attention to the type of material it is made with. Try to invest in products that are made with non-toxic materials. It is essential to choose safe materials to maintain your baby’s food uncontaminated.
A breast milk organizer has to be functional before anything else. Therefore, you should check the type of compartments it comes with. You want an organizer that will help you store the breast milk in the method you prefer, being it bottles or breast milk bags.
The size of the organizer is essential, as well. As you purchase your breast milk organizer, you should consider the size of your freezer. You want an organizer that will fit perfectly in your freezer while you still have room left to store other types of food.
Some organizers come with extra features or accessories, such as a cover to keep your milk completely separated from other types of food. You can find organizers that come with lids that help you label the milk or different containers to use as you store the milk.
Best Breast Milk Organizer For Freezer
Here are the top 6 best breast milk organizers on the market today:
1.mDesign Storage Organizer Container Bin for Kids/Child
One of the best breast milk organizers you will find on the market comes from mDesign. You will appreciate the features and functionality of this organizer as soon as you start using it.
- This storage is ample for more than just breast milk. You can use it to store drinks, formula, food accessories, snacks, etc.
- You can use this organizer in your freezer but also in your fridge or cabinet. Plus, you can use it past the breastfeeding phase as well.
- This product is also portable as it comes with handles. You can move it wherever you want in a matter of seconds. It is easy to pull out of the freezer or fridge or any other place you use it at.
- You can use this storage to organize other things such as toys or pacifiers and bottles. There will always be a way to use this organizer in different rooms of your house.
- The material used for this organizer is BPAS free, as well as Chlorine-free, so you can count on it as it is very resistant as well.
- It will not shatter easily, and you can clean it by only using soap and water. However, keep in mind that you can’t wash this storage in the washing machine.
2.The First Years Breastflow Milk Storage Organizer
Another breast milk organizer is this simple but efficient model from The First Years Store. You will be impressed by how much this organizer can simplify your storage system.
- This organizer allows you to keep the breast milk dated and in order in the freezer. It is split into different compartments, and you can place several meals in it.
- It comes with a cover that helps you keep the breast milk separated entirely from other items in your freezer.
- The capacity of this organizer is 20 breast milk bags, and you can access each one of them quickly. Keep in mind that the bags are not included, but you can easily purchase them separately.
- The entire organizer will not take much space in your freezer at all. As a matter of fact, it is very compact and easy to place even in smaller freezers.
- The design of this breast milk organizer is simple yet very functional. It comes in a classic white color that should match the interior of your freezer perfectly.
- Cleaning this product is not hard, either. All you need is water and soap. It is not safe to wash it in the dishwasher, though.
3.Medela Breast Milk Storage Solution Set
Medela is one of the best brands on the market for a reason, and you will not be disappointed by this breast milk organizer.
- This breast milk organizer comes in a set with many useful accessories such as bottles with lids, storage bags, a breast milk freezer tray, and even more accessories.
- It is the number one storage for breast milk, recommended by specialists thanks to its safe materials and increased efficiency.
- This set comes with everything you need to adapt the meals you store according to your baby’s needs as they grow older.
- The lids have a unique labeling system so you can identify which ones you should feed your baby first.
- No item of this set is made with BPA, making the entire organizer safe for storing your breast milk for as long as you want before it expires.
- You can use this organizer for both the freezer and the fridge with the same efficiency.
4.Milkies Freeze: Organize & Store Your Breast Milk
This Milkies product will be just what you need to store your breast milk the right way and avoid all the hassle.
- This organizer is very budget-friendly as well, and you should be able to use it for a long time.
- Thanks to the first in-first out system, you will be sure to feed your baby the meals in the correct order.
- It comes in a compact and straightforward design that will not take much space in your freezer.
- You can use this organizer to store a maximum of 60 oz of breast milk. For that, you can use any type of breast milk bags you want as they will all fit in the organizer.
- The quick-freeze tray ensures that your breast milk will get frozen faster, and therefore, you will not waste time.
- Cleaning it is not complicated at all, as you can take it apart and wash the parts individually quite fast. This storage doesn’t contain any BPA or phthalates, which makes it safe for storing your baby’s food.
5.mDesign Baby Food Kitchen Refrigerator Cabinet
Another breast milk organizer from mDesign is this model that comes with great features that you will find very useful.
- You will love the fact that you can choose this product in different sizes according to the type of freezer you have.
- These breast milk storage containers are ideal for storing many types of things besides your baby’s future meals. You can use it to store accessories and even toys.
- This is the type of organizer that will go great in any room of your house. And you can place it in the freezer, the fridge or the counter and any other place you find useful.
- It has handles that will help you move it and lift it up to put it anywhere you want and increases its portability.
- This storage is also very stable, thanks to the base feet that it comes with. You will avoid accidents and any unpleasant events that can endanger your breast milk supply.
- It comes in a universal color that will match all types of backgrounds. You will find this storage system very safe on top of being very functional.
6.Kiinde Twist Breast Milk Storage Bag Baby Feeding System
This Kiinde breast milk organizer will charm you with its simplicity but also its increased efficiency.
- This storage system will allow you to store your breast milk without contaminating it. It uses a direct pump so you can pump your breast milk directly in the container you use to store it.
- Once you pump your milk, all you have to do is place it in the organizer and put it in the freezer or fridge.
- You can also use the milk warmer that allows you to warm up the milk with little risk of damaging its nutrients. This device will warm the milk up gradually and safely.
- The pump and nipple adapters are included, and they are universal so you can use them with different pumps.
- The bottles included in this set imitate the design of a natural nipple so your baby will love to eat from them. Plus, if you use the pouch, you will see that it collapses as it gets empty, and no air will get in your baby’s tummy.
If we had to choose one breast milk organizer to satisfy all your needs, we would recommend the Medela model.
- We love the fact that this organizer comes with plenty of accessories. You will find everything you need to store your breast milk from bottles to pouches and even a tray for easy organization.
- All materials used for this set are safe and resistant. Not only that, they will last you a long time, but they will not alter your breast milk either.
- The bottles come in different sizes so you can use them according to how much your baby eats in one meal. This helps you defrost the exact quantity of breast milk at once, so you don't waste any of it.
- The fact that you can use this set in both the freezer and the fridge is very convenient as well. You can even place it on the counter, but make sure not to let your breast milk at room temperature for more than four hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use breast milk organizers in other places than just the freezer?
Each organizer might come with different usage specifications. However, most of them will work just as fine in the refrigerator as they work in the freezer. You can use some of them on the counter or in your closet for storing other baby items such as toys and pacifiers as well. So, check the description of the product to know how to use it best!
How can I maintain my breast milk organizer?
These organizers are relatively easy to clean by only using soap and warm water. You might need to disassemble the organizer before washing it, but this shouldn’t be a problem either. Just follow the instructions, and you will get it clean in a matter of minutes. Most organizers are not safe to wash in the dishwasher.
Can I use a breast milk organizer to store other types of food?
Yes, these organizers might be used for other types of storage once your baby is done with their nursing phase. The types of food or items you can store in these products depend on the design of the organizer. But as a general rule, these organizers could be reused for other purposes.
Even if using a breast milk organizer might not seem like a must initially, once you start adding such a product to your freezer, you will start appreciating it. Even better, you can use such an organizer for your fridge as well.
Use this guide to find the best breast milk organizer for your needs and expectations, and you will be able to store your breast milk in ideal conditions for a long time!
- “Proper Storage and Preparation of Breast Milk | Breastfeeding | CDC”. Accessed August 29, 2020. Link.
- “Expressing and storing breast milk – NHS”. Accessed August 29, 2020. Link.
- “Breast milk storage: Do’s and don’ts – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed August 29, 2020. Link.