Breastfeeding is an intense activity for your body. Besides the fact that you will produce milk to feed your baby, the actual feeding will take effort and energy.
This is the reason why you might feel more tired and sleepy if you are a nursing mother. You will burn calories by simply feeding your baby, and this will happen several times a day.
This is also why specialists recommend nursing mothers to increase their calorie intake by 300 or even 500 each day.
Table of Contents
- How many calories do you burn while breastfeeding?
- How Many Calories Should I Eat When Breastfeeding?
- A) Calories Burned During Breastfeeding for One Baby Vs. Twin Babies
- How To Select The BEST Nursing Pillows For Twins?
- Best Lactation Cookies to Buy
- B) Calories Burned During Pumping
- Top 9 Best Breast Pump for Working Moms
- When To Pump If Breastfeeding Every 2 Hours?
- C) No Firm Studies
- After Pumping How Soon Can I Breastfeed?
- Top 15 Best Newborn Tracking Apps
- Key References
How many calories do you burn while breastfeeding?
A) Calories Burned During Breastfeeding for One Baby Vs. Twin Babies
B) Calories Burned During Pumping
C) No Firm Studies
As you are breastfeeding your child, you give it a lot of your time, energy, and effort. You will lose sleep, and you will find yourself busy all the time between caring for your baby, nursing them, and pumping milk for future meals.
You should make sure to have a balanced diet that provides you a minimum of 2200 calories each day to stay healthy and energized.
If you find yourself struggling with your diet during breastfeeding months, don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor. They will guide you towards the best foods you can eat for you and your little one.
This is not the time for experiments, and you will have to offer your body all the nutrients it needs to support yourself and your baby for at least 6 months.
- “Weight Loss for Mothers | La Leche League International”. Accessed May 13, 2020. Link.