Your diet is essential as you are breastfeeding. By having a healthy and balanced diet, you make sure that you offer your baby all the nutrients they need through breastfeeding. But what you eat is not everything that matters.
How much you eat is another essential aspect of your diet. While you shouldn’t overdo it, you shouldn’t eat less than what your body needs, either.
During the breastfeeding months, your body works hard to produce the milk your baby needs. So, you might be wondering how many calories you should eat as a nursing mother.
Table of Contents
- How many calories should I eat when breastfeeding?
- How Many Calories Do You Burn While Breastfeeding?
- A) Calorie Differences Between Pregnant and Breastfeeding
- Can You Eat Sushi Whilst Breastfeeding?
- B) Calorie Figure Based on Your Body Type
- Best Vitamins For Breastfeeding Moms
- C) Calories Vary Upon Underlying Health Conditions
- What Happens To Your Body When You Stop Breastfeeding?
- Best Lactation Cookies to Buy
- Top 10 BEST Foods That Promote Lactation
- Key References
How many calories should I eat when breastfeeding?
A) Calorie Differences Between Pregnant and Breastfeeding
B) Calorie Figure Based on Your Body Type
C) Calories Vary Upon Underlying Health Conditions
Staying informed about your diet is important even when you are not a nursing mother or a pregnant woman. A balanced diet will result in good overall health and help you sustain the activities of your body.
As this might be difficult to accomplish on our own, it is always wise to talk to experts in the field. Eat plenty of fruits, veggies, and lean meat, but don’t forget about healthy seeds and your water intake.
It is essential to always have not only your needs in mind but also the needs of your baby, who is entirely relying on your breastmilk and the nutrients it offers them.
- “Nutrition During Breastfeeding: Diet Considerations”. Accessed April 13, 2020. Link.
- “Maternal Diet | Breastfeeding | CDC”. Accessed April 13, 2020. Link.