Best Sleep Sacks For Newborns: It is natural for newborn babies to keep them cozy and warm. However, using a baby blanket itself may not be safe for your baby because it can increase the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) or may suffocate your newborn baby – and that’s when you will need a sleep sack for your little one.
Our top pick for the best sleep sacks for newborns is the HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Swaddle. This sleeping sack grows with your baby due to its 3-way adjustment settings, features an inverted zipper not to scratch your baby's skin, and made of super soft and breathable fabric for your baby's comfort. Another great thing about this brand is that it is recognized by the IHDI as a hip-healthy.
Table of Contents
- Advantages of Using Sleeping Sacks
- Best Sleep Sacks for Newborns (Boy)
- Best Sleep Sacks for Newborn (Girl)
- Best Sleep Sacks for Newborn (Unisex)
- 1. SnuggleBees Swaddle Blanket Wrap for Newborn Baby
- 2. TILLYOU All Season Micro-Fleece Baby Sleep Sack
- 3. Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Sleeping Sack
- 4. HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Swaddle
- 5. Burt’s Bees Baby Wearable Blanket
- 6. Hudson Baby Sleeping Bag / Blanket
- 7. Nested Bean Zen Sack Classic Sleeping Bag
- 8. Woolino 4-Season Baby Sleep Bag Sack
- 9. NinkyNonk Mermaid Tail Baby Wearable Blanket
- Key References
Advantages of Using Sleeping Sacks
When your baby is in a sleeping sack, he can move around freely, wiggle, rollover, and kick without risking himself from covering his face or lose it. Aside from lowering the risk of SIDS, here are some of the advantages of using sleeping sacks:
- You can ensure that your newborn baby stays warm and at the right temperature.
- Babies can move with all freedom.
- You can quickly put on the sleep sack without waking up your little one.
- Sleep sacks are convenient, and you can use it as sleepwear when traveling.
- Sleeps sacks are a good investment as you can use it until he grows up to 1 year or older.
Best Sleep Sacks for Newborns (Boy)
1. Spasilk Baby Pack Sleep Bag
Spasilk Baby Pack Sleep Bag is the perfect outfit for your baby boy during nighttime because it is made of 100% super soft cotton fabric which helps babies to sleep comfortably.
- It features a neckline tab that helps to prevent your baby from any scratches.
- It comes with a reversed front zipper for easy on and off and avoids to harm your baby’s sensitive skin.
- This set contains 1 piece or 2 pieces with an embroidered print in front that will ideally look good on your baby boy.
- It comes in raglan sleeves that include ribbed cuffs to correctly warm your baby and make him feel cozy while sleeping.
- With this sleeping bag from Spasilk, you can ensure that no insect will bite your baby’s leg because it doesn’t have any openings at the bottom.
2. SwaddleDesigns Cotton Muslin Sleeping Sack
This lightest weight sack is made with 100% cotton, making it perfect for summertime and even for warmer environments. It is also excellent when your baby is ready to transition from swaddling.
- This breathable, soft open weave, and wearable blanket replaces loose blankets for safer sleep and prevent the SIDS.
- SwaddleDesigns Cotton Muslin sleeping sack comes in cheerful designs for a baby boy, and it gets softer with every wash.
- It features a handy 2-way zipper that will help you place your baby into the sack easily and easy diaper changes.
- The zipper closure is protected to prevent your baby from getting any scratches.
- SwaddleDesigns Cotton Muslin Sleeping sack for baby boy offers 3 different prints that will surely look good on your baby – hedgehogs, blue forest, and blue ships.
3. Gerber Baby Boys’ 4-Pack Gown
Gerber Baby Boys’ 4-Pack Gown is made of 100% cotton rib to ensure that your baby can sleep in comfort and softness.
- It features an adorable screenprint and puffs print design details that will surely look good on your baby boy.
- It comes with an expandable lap shoulder neckline that makes it easy to slide the gown over your baby’s head.
- This sleep sack for a newborn has ample space at the bottom for an easy and hassle-free diaper change.
- All sleeping sack from Gerber Baby Boys’ Pack is made with safety in mind to prevent the risk of SIDS.
- These sleeping sacks are true to size and will surely fit on your baby generously.
Best Sleep Sacks for Newborn (Girl)
1. Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby Girls
This 3-pack sleeveless sleeping bag from Simple Joys by Carter’s comes in three adorable different prints that will surely look good on your baby girl.
- It features safety tabs to protect your baby’s little chin from any scratch.
- It is available with a zipper closure so that you can quickly put it on your baby without waking her up.
- These sleeping bags from Simple Joys by Carter’s provide a roomy fit for your baby’s busy feet so that she can move freely without losing the covers and suffocate herself.
- It includes wide arm opening that allows you to wear the sleeping bag to your baby comfortably.
- Though these sleeping bags feature zipper closure, it comes with a protector so that it will not harm her sensitive skin.
2. SwaddleMe Pod 2-Pack Baby Bows
SwaddleMe Pod Baby Bows are made of 93% cotton and 7% spandex to make sure that your baby can make more movement while being wrapped around by a soft swaddle sleeping sack.
- This swaddle pod recreates the comfort of a mother’s womb and helps prevent the startle reflex that can wake up your little one.
- The soft, comfortable spandex cotton blend stretches with baby’s movement for comfort.
- It features a 2-way zipper system for an easy diaper change.
- SwaddleMe Pod is tag-free so that it cannot scratch your baby’s sensitive skin.
- In each pack of SwaddleMe Pod, it includes one plain color and one print pod.
Best Sleep Sacks for Newborn (Unisex)
1. SnuggleBees Swaddle Blanket Wrap for Newborn Baby
This swaddle blanket from SnuggleBees is made of 100% organic cotton to ensure that your baby is comfortable while wearing it.
- This sleep sack is hypoallergenic so that you don’t have to worry wearing it to your newborn baby.
- SnuggleBees swaddle blanket wrap is very easy to use – you can use the dual zippers for a hassle-free diaper change.
- It features leg and arm openings so that you can move your little one quickly from a crib to a stroller or car seat without removing the swaddle.
- It includes a detachable strap that connects behind the baby’s arm using zip – and this will surely give you stress and hassle-free nursing time.
- It comes in different designs that can be worn by a newborn baby girl or boy.
2. TILLYOU All Season Micro-Fleece Baby Sleep Sack
This micro-fleece baby sleep sack from TILLYOU is not too thick, not too thin, and perfect for any kind of seasons.
- TILLYOU All Season Micro-Fleece Baby Sleep Sack is certified by CPSIA, ensuring that all materials used are high-quality.
- It is 100% micro-fleece and hypoallergenic so that even babies with the most sensitive skin can wear it.
- It features a zipper protector on the back to keep your baby’s belly safe from irritation and scratches.
- This baby sleep sack from TILLYOU comes in 4 different color – white, gray, pink, and blue.
- It is made of super soft and comfortable fabric, do not wrinkle, and fade-resistant.
3. Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Sleeping Sack
Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Sleeping Sack features a unique cocoon shape that provides a cozy environment so that your baby can sleep better when they stay covered during nighttime.
- This sleeping sack features smart shoulder straps to easily place your baby in the sleep nest even if he or she is sleeping.
- It is made of high-quality materials from India – quilted winter-weights, cotton lighter-weight, and fleece mid-weight.
- It comes with a reversed zipper to protect your baby from any scratches.
- This weighted sleep sack comes in 11 different colors to choose from, making it perfect for every newborn baby boy and girl.
- With this cocoon-shaped sleeping sack, you can ensure that your baby is protected from harmful insects because it doesn’t include any openings for the feet yet roomy enough for your baby to move freely.
4. HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Swaddle
With HALO SleepSack, swaddling made easy, safe, and secure. This sleep sack swaddle also helps baby sleep better due to its adjustable swaddle wrap – which helps prevent your baby from startling.
- This best sleep sack swaddle from HALO offers 3-way adjustment settings – swaddle arms in, both arms out, and hands-to-face.
- It comes with an inverted zipper for easy diaper changes – no need to unswaddle or undress your little one.
- This halo sleep sack features generously-sized fasteners that offer adjustability for a perfect fit.
- This sleep sack swaddle provides a unique, roomy sack that is recognized by the IHDI (International Hip Dysplasia Institute) as a “hip-healthy. “.
- HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Swaddle is the number one choice of hospitals and aims to fight SIDS and keep babies sleep safely.
- This is one of the best sleep sack to help baby sleep.
5. Burt’s Bees Baby Wearable Blanket
This wearable blanket from Burt’s Bees Baby is soft, 100% made of organic cotton, and GOTS Certified.
- It is designed with safety in mind. It is a safer alternative to loose blankets and is carefully-sized for baby to move freely and safely.
- It features a high-quality YKK zipper, zipper guard, zipper garage, and snap tab zipper cover.
- This wearable blanket will keep your baby warm, secure, and cozy throughout the night.
- With these wearable blankets from Burt’s Bees Baby, you can choose from a wide variety of options for your baby boy or girl.
- It features a sleeveless design to prevent overheating and great for babies with sensitive skin.
6. Hudson Baby Sleeping Bag / Blanket
Hudson Baby Sleeping Bag is made of stretchable and super soft cotton that will ensure your baby’s comfortability while sleeping.
- This sleeping bag is in long sleeves design to keep your baby warm and sleep soundly during nighttime.
- It features built-in scratch mittens that just fold over your baby’s hand to prevent any scratches.
- This baby sleep sack with sleeves from Hudson Baby is enhanced with a zipper protector so you can have a peace of mind that your baby won’t be poked by the zipper handle.
- It features a snap tab closure to make sure that your baby is safe from the zipper.
- This sleeping bag is available in 2 and 4 pack with lots of designs and prints to choose from.
7. Nested Bean Zen Sack Classic Sleeping Bag
With these sleeping bags from Nested Bean, you can assure that your baby will feel comfortable, secure, safe, and love, allowing them to calm and sleep soundly.
- This nested bean sleep sack features a two-way zipper system for an easy and quick diaper change.
- It comes with an adjustable shoulder snaps that allow for a snug and secure fit.
- It is made of 100% luxuriously soft cotton for your baby’s tender and sensitive skin.
- All materials used to create these sleeping bags are free of BPA, phthalate, and toxic.
- It provides a spacious and roomy fit so that your baby can move freely.
8. Woolino 4-Season Baby Sleep Bag Sack
Woolino 4-Season Baby Sleep Bag Sack is made of 100% natural, super-fine Australian merino wool that is breathable and regulates your baby’s body temperature naturally.
- This Woolino sleep sack features a two-way side zipper so that you can open it easily from the bottom for an easy diaper change.
- It comes with a zipper-pull guard to protect your little one’s precious skin from any scratches and discourage your baby from chewing on the zipper.
- Each sleeping sack from Woolino comes with no tag so that it will not irritate your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Woolino 4-Season Baby Sleep Bag Sack generously fits to let your baby kick and make more movement freely, promoting healthy hip development.
- With this sleeping sack from Woolino, you can not only use it for the winter season but in all 4 seasons.
9. NinkyNonk Mermaid Tail Baby Wearable Blanket
NinkyNonk Mermaid Tail Baby Wearable Blanket is specially designed for a newborn baby boy or girl. It is made of soft and breathable materials to ensure the comfortability of your precious one.
- This best sleep sack for newborn is made of 100% organic cotton and is hypoallergic so that it can be used even for babies with sensitive skin.
- It features a lap shoulder neckline so that you can comfortably wear it on your baby.
- This cute, unique mermaid style baby sleeper is designed with long sleeves style and opening at the bottom, providing a safe sleeping environment.
- With this NinkyNonk Mermaid Tail Baby Wearable Blanket, you can choose from 4 unique prints that will suit your baby – boy or girl.
- This sleeping bag will not only warm your newborn baby, but you can also give this as a gift to a mom-to-be.
Our top recommendation for the best sleep sacks for newborns is the HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Swaddle. The 3-way adjustment settings make this sleep sack perfect for newborns as it grows with the baby. Another cool feature is that the inverted zipper will avoid scratching your baby's skin. The cloth material is made with super soft and breathable fabric. It is certified by the IHDI as hip-healthy.
When buying a sleep sack for your baby, you need to make sure it is made of soft and breathable fabric to prevent overheating. Also, make sure that the zipper is inverted to not cause any scratches on your baby’s skin. Hopefully, this guide helped you find the best sleep sack for a newborn.
- “Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) – Symptoms and causes – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed September 03, 2019. Link.
- “International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI)”. Accessed September 03, 2019. Link.