Best Newborn Gas Drops: Since newborn babies are on the process of developing their digestive systems, most of them need help from parents to relieve gases – as these can be quite painful for them.
Babies who are suffering from colic most likely to wake up during sleeping hours and cry – and this is when parents need baby gas drops to relieve gas and its pain quickly.
The best colic drops for newborns is the organic gripe water from Wellements. It is safe for all ages, easy to use, free of harsh chemicals as well as unnecessary preservatives, and most importantly, it is certified by USDA organization for being 100% organic and safe.
Table of Contents
- What causes gas in newborns?
- What helps babies with gas?
- Best Newborn Gas Drops
- Key References
What causes gas in newborns?
Babies are pretty gassy – and that is normal. However, these are the reasons why your baby might feel gassy:
- Swallowing air – your babies most likely to swallow air if they feed – bottle or breast – in a wrong position.
- Excessive crying – babies tend to swallow air while they are crying for so long.
- Minor digestive problems – constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal issues as well as reflux.
- Immature digestive tract – since they are newly born babies, they are still on the stage of processing food, stool, and gas.
What helps babies with gas?
The following are the primary ways on how to help your little one feel better when he or she is feeling gassy:
- Either bottle-feeding or nursing directly into the breast, you should always pay attention to his or her feeding positions – the head should be higher than his or her stomach.
- After every feeding, you should burp your baby.
- For bottle-feeding babies, parents should change the nipple to a slower-flow.
- Working your baby’s tummy through massaging it gently will help pass through the gas.
- Ask your pediatrician if there is a particular product that is safe to use – like gas relief drops.
Best Newborn Gas Drops
1. Colief Instant Digestive Aid
Colief Instant Digestive Aid is an infant gas drops that help to reduce crying times and helps babies sleep better & feel better.
- This baby colic drops from Colief treat temporary lactose intolerance (LT) in babies suffering from colic.
- Colief Instant Digestive Aid is free of gluten and kosher.
- It contains 2 natural ingredients, such as glycerol and Lactase Enzymes.
- It can be used for both breastfeeding and bottle-feeding babies.
- Colief Instant Digestive Aid can be used from birth onwards.
2. OVOL Infant Drops
OVOL Infant Drop is a simethicone-based gas drop for newborns that are made in Canada to relieve the infant’s colic due to gas.
- This infant gas relief drop from OVOL does not contain alcohol.
- OVOL gas relief drops for newborns provide fast & gentle relief of gas, bloating, and infant colic.
- It quickly helps break up gas bubbles to relieve discomfort caused by trapped gas, making it easier for babies to burp and pass gas at feeding time.
- OVOL Infant Drops comes in 30 ml size, which can be used for newborn babies and above.
- It is a simethicone-based infant colic drops that can be used for both bottle-feeding and breastfeeding babies.
3. Major Infants’ Gas Relief Drops
Major Infants’ Gas Relief Drops is a simethicone oral suspension that helps relieve gas.
- It is safe to use and gentle for newborn babies and onwards for the relief of gas discomfort.
- It contains no artificial colors and flavor – plus dye-free.
- With this gas relief drops, you can assure that it will be useful and works in just minutes.
- It comes with an enclosed plastic dropper to use when putting or mixing it into a formula or breastmilk.
4. Homeolab Kids Relief Gas & Colic
Homeolab Kids Relief Gas & Colic drops help quickly eliminate your baby’s discomfort.
- This Homeopathic medicine helps relieve symptoms associated with colic, intestinal gas, abdominal pain, bloating, burping, and nausea.
- It comes with a free dropper to easily mix in into breastmilk or formula milk.
- It is safe to use from birth up to 9 years of age.
- Kids Relief Gas & Colic drops from Homeolab is free of sugar and dye.
- This baby gas relief drops come in a great-tasting raspberry flavor.
5. Wellements Organic Gripe Water
Wellements Organic Gripe Water is an herbal remedy that safely and effectively helps to relieve and ease temporary stomach discomfort and gas.
- This gripe water from Wellements is easy to use and gentle on your baby’s stomach.
- It is suitable to use for all ages – even newborn babies, as recommended by pediatricians.
- Wellements Organic Gripe Water is free from gluten, soy, dairy, parabens, alcohol, preservatives, artificial colors, and artificial flavors.
- This natural gas drops for babies are made in the USA and contain only simple, natural, and organic ingredients – 100% Kosher and vegan.
- It is certified organic by USDA organization.
6. Gerber Soothe Baby Probiotic Colic Drops
Gerber Soothe is a baby probiotic colic gas drops that help quickly relieve excessive crying and colic.
- It is not made with GMO (Genetically Engineered Ingredients), making it safe to use for newborn babies.
- It is specially designed to help babies who are suffering from colic, fussiness, and balance the baby’s microbiota.
- Gerber Soothe Baby Probiotics Colic Drops contains comforting probiotics (L.Reuteri) that help improve good bacteria in your baby’s digestive system.
- It is safe to use from birth onwards and can be mixed into formula milk or breast milk.
- It is a probiotic-based gas drop.
7. Infant’s Mylicon Gas Relief Drops
Infant’s Mylcon Gas Relief Drops work in just minutes to relieve discomfort while breaking down gas bubbles.
- Mylicon baby gas drop is free from sweeteners, artificial flavors, and alcohol.
- It is a simethicone-based gas drop that is safe to use and give every after feeding – up to 12 times each day.
- It is made with no dyes, so it wouldn’t stain your baby’s clothes.
- Mylicon Infant Gas Drops are safe for newborn babies onwards.
- It claims to be the number 1 pediatrician recommended gas drops.
8. Woodward’s Gripe Water
Woodward’s Gripe Water comes in a 150 ml size that is safe for all ages – even newborn babies.
- It is made without alcohol and sugar.
- This gripe drops from Woodward’s work rapidly for the relief of wind, colic, and gripe.
- Woodward’s Gripe Water is an anti-flatulent and antacid medicine.
- It is an oral solution that contains Terpeneless Dill Seed Oil and Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate as active ingredients.
- Woodward’s Gripe Water can be given from 1 to 12 months.
After reviewing the products for gas drops, the best newborn gas drop is the Wellements Organic Gripe Water. Aside from being certified by USDA, it is suitable for all ages and made of only organic and natural ingredients, making it safe for your baby.
Colic gas is painful for everyone, especially for babies. Don’t let your baby suffer from gas pain and ask your pediatrician if what is a safe and specific product to use to relieve it.
When picking the best colic drops, choose the organic one as it is safer to use and, most importantly, tested and certified by a specific organization.
Hopefully, we helped you picked the best gas drops for newborns.
- “Colic – Symptoms and causes – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed November 06, 2019. Link.
- “Baby Gas Drops Drops, Suspension” – WebMD. Accessed November 06, 2019. Link.
- “The 7 Best Gas Drops for Baby of 2019”. Accessed November 06, 2019. Link.