Best Bottles for Breastfed Babies: Baby bottles are handy to every mom, especially those who are working. With baby bottles, they can still breastfeed their babies even if they are not home. They just need to pump the milk, then put the breastmilk in the freezer for later feeding by your caretaker.
Our top pick is the Philips Avent Naturals baby bottles. It is made from safe plastic, which makes it a BPA-free, mimics the breasts, comes with an advanced anti-colic valve to help your baby get comfortable when feeding, and lastly, they're easy to use and clean.
Table of Contents
- What to look for in baby bottles for breastfeeding babies?
- Advantages of Using Baby Bottles for Breastfed Babies
- Best Bottles For Breastfed Babies
- 1. Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle
- 2. NUK Simply Natural Baby Bottle
- 3. Dr. Brown’s Options Slow Flow Bottle
- 4. Comotomo Baby Bottles
- 5. Lansinoh Breastfeeding Bottles with NaturalWave Nipples
- 6. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Baby Bottle
- 7. MAM Baby Bottles for Breastfed Babies
- 8. Joovy Boob PP Baby Bottle
- 9. Baby Breastfeeding Nurture Bottle by LUX
- 10. Flipsi Natural Silicone Baby Bottle
- Key References
Some moms think it’s difficult to breastfeed their babies still while working, that’s why they convert to formula milk. However, there are other reasons why babies turn to formula milk like lactose intolerance, low supply of breastmilk, inability or lack of desire to pump milk, etc.
Keep in mind that breastfeeding up 2 years of age is healthy for your baby.
What to look for in baby bottles for breastfeeding babies?
There are tons of different brands of baby bottles in the market place today. How do we find out the best baby bottles for breastfed babies? When choosing the best breastfeeding bottles who are directly nursing into their moms, you need to consider some criteria.
- Bottle material (glass, steel, or plastic): Each one of the materials has pros and cons.
- Bottle shape (small or big): If the bottle is too big or wide, it may or may not fit into the diaper bag’s bottle compartments.
- Bottle’s venting system.
- Nipple material.
- Nipple size.
- Safe and not made from harmful chemicals: Is the bottle safe for babies? Is it BPA-Free?
- Reduces Colic.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Suitable for breastfed babies: Most importantly, will the bottle work well for breastfed babies?
Advantages of Using Baby Bottles for Breastfed Babies
Bottle-feeding is not only for babies who are into milk formula but also for breastfeeding babies. Choosing to use baby bottles or not is a mother’s personal decision. Here are the advantages of using baby bottles for breastfed babies:
- Anyone can feed the baby
- Public use
- Able to monitor the amount of milk intake
- Very convenient
- Worry-free production
- No worries if moms get sick
- Lactose intolerance
Best Bottles For Breastfed Babies
Here are the top 10 best baby bottles for breastfed babies on the market today:
1. Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle
Philips Avent Natural baby bottles feature flexible and wide nipples that come in a petal form design.
- These best baby bottles come with a natural nipple shape, which makes it easier to feed breastfeeding babies as well.
- Philips Avent Natural baby bottles are made from polypropylene, which is considered as “safe plastic” that doesn’t contain BPA.
- These best bottles for breastfed babies come with an advanced anti-colic valve that is designed to minimize colic and discomfort through venting air into the bottle – and not on your baby’s tummy.
- All parts of these best baby feeding bottles are easy to assemble and clean.
- These bottles also come with different range of flow rates, which is essential when feeding your baby.
- Easy to handle.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Wide-neck nipple.
- Built-in air vents.
- Ergonomic design.
- May turn brownish if exposed to high temperature.
2. NUK Simply Natural Baby Bottle
NUK Simply Natural baby bottles has an innovative nipple design which makes it great for both breastfeed and bottle-feed babies.
- With its nipple design, these best silicone baby bottles from NUK provide babies a close-to-mom feeling and continue breastfeeding bond between mom and baby.
- These best bottles for breastfeeding come with advanced Anti-Colic Air System, which helps to minimize colic, spit-up, and gas.
- The super soft silicone nipples of these best baby bottles for gas are similar to mom’s nursing nipple.
- This best bottle to prevent gas is free from BPA.
- NUK Simply Natural baby bottle is odor and stain resistant.
- Uniquely shaped nipple.
- Anti-colic bottles.
- Affordable price.
- Multiple nipple holes.
- Easy to assemble.
- Odor-free and stain-free.
- The vent must be positioned appropriately for milk to come out.
3. Dr. Brown’s Options Slow Flow Bottle
Dr.Brown’s Options Slow Flow bottle has an outstanding ranking on Amazon, which makes it be included on one of the best bottles for breastfeeding babies’ list.
- Dr.Brown’s Options Slow Flow bottle is designed with a vent system to preserve nutrients as well as to aid digestion.
- These best bottles for breastfed babies are lightweight, which makes it easier to hold.
- These best slow flow bottles for newborns prevent choking and spit up.
- Dr.Brown’s Options Slow Flow bottles are not only great for breastfeeding and bottle-feed baby but also for those who suffer from colic and reflux.
- These best baby bottles for gas and colic come with a narrowed nipple for whole nipple engagement.
- Fully-vented bottle design.
- Prevents colic.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Prevents reflux.
- Prevents choking and spit up.
- Hard to clean venting system.
- Possible leak when the bottle is shaken and enter the venting system.
- Measuring lines are not readable.
4. Comotomo Baby Bottles
Comotomo baby bottles are far different from other brands that you will see in the market – because they’re squeezable.
- These baby bottles are made from the material of silicone, which makes it soft and squeezable.
- With its natural nipple shape and design, your baby can easily latch on their baby bottles.
- These best baby bottles for gas are composed of 3 components for easy cleaning.
- Comotomo baby bottles include 2 anti-colic vents to prevent colic and gas in your little ones.
- These best baby bottles to prevent gas are free from any phthalates, PVC, and BPA.
- Dual anti-colic vents.
- Wide-neck bottle.
- Microwave-safe & boiling water-safe.
- Dishwasher-safe & sterilizer-safe.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Silicon-made bottles.
- The plastic smell when warmed.
- Bit expensive.
5. Lansinoh Breastfeeding Bottles with NaturalWave Nipples
Lansinoh breastfeeding bottles promote natural nursing action as well as reducing nipple confusion for breastfeed babies.
- With its NaturalWave nipple design, these best baby bottles for newborns are clinically proven to reduce the nipple confusion of breastfeeding babies.
- These best bottles to reduce gas also offer unique air venting system, which reduces the intake of gasses, spit-up, and colic.
- The nipples of these best bottles for gas are flexible and easy-soft and used silicon-based materials to encourage the movement of the tongue of every baby.
- The NaturalWave Nipple and the bottle design of these bottles are based on 50 years of research.
- These best bottles for breastfed babies are not made from BPS and BPA materials.
- NaturalWave Nipple is efficient to reduce nipple confusion.
- Quality and efficient ventilation system.
- Easy to clean and assemble.
- Three rates of nipple flow.
- Travel caps.
- Sometimes Slow-flow nipples are not true to its claim.
6. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Baby Bottle
Tommee Tippee baby bottles are just what its name says. They’re easy to use, clean, and most especially babies can grab it on quickly.
- These best baby bottles wide-neck nipples are designed and shaped like a real nipple and breast of a nursing mom so that babies can latch on easily.
- The nipples of this Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature brand can stretch, flex, and elongate while your little one is sucking.
- Tommee Tippee bottles that reduce gas are all BPA-free.
- Bottles from this brand are also easy to clean – to the point that even a regular dishwasher can be used in it. Plus, you can microwave it too.
- These best baby bottles to reduce gas come with an optimum venting anti-colic nipple valve for less discomfort and air intake.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to use.
- Super soft nipples.
- Optimum venting anti-colic nipple valve.
- Easy to grasp.
- Too wide to fit in a diaper bag’s bottle compartment.
7. MAM Baby Bottles for Breastfed Babies
These MAM baby bottles are excellent for both breastfeeding moms and babies due to its nipple that mimics the nipple of a mom.
- These best bottles for breastfeeding come with a skin-soft nipple that has a resemblance to the mother’s nursing nipple.
- These MAM baby bottles reduce reflux, colic, and gas.
- These best baby bottle for gas comes with an advanced anti-colic venting system which portrays as a vacuum to eliminate the bubbles.
- All bottles from this brand can be put and sterilize in the microwave.
- These baby bottles are made from high-quality European materials and exceed the American and European safety standards.
- Easy to clean.
- BPA & BPS-free.
- Soft nipples.
- Colic reduction.
- Affordable price.
- Patented tech.
- Ease of air flow.
- Leaky bottom when you use warm or hot water – it should be completely cool.
8. Joovy Boob PP Baby Bottle
Joovy Boob PP baby bottles are for mothers who are picky when it comes to buying and using bottles and for mothers who don’t mind paying additional cash for quality.
- These best baby bottles for newborns come with a modern and clean look and available in different colors.
- Its venting tabs are perfectly fit into the neck of the bottle, making sure to prevent leaks as well as inconsistent flow.
- Joovy Boob PP baby bottles don’t need any assembly or touch any component of the bottle.
- These best bottles for breastfed babies are made from polypropylene plastic, which is BPA-free.
- Its nipples are made from silicone material and molded based on the proper size and tested for 100% consistency.
- Clean flow vent ring.
- Made of superior materials.
- A consistent flow of the nipple.
- Breast-pump friendly.
- Comes with nipple caps.
- The vent ring often needs to be assembled.
- Possible leakage in the vicinity of the vent ring.
9. Baby Breastfeeding Nurture Bottle by LUX
These Nurture Bottles by LUX are realistic and exquisite for both breastfeeding babies and moms, making sure that the nipples of these bottles are closely similar to mother’s nursing nipples.
- Aside from being BPA-free, these best bottles for newborns also block air to transmit into your baby’s system.
- Nurture Bottles by LUX have a venting system that keeps the air out t reduce gas, spit-up, colic, and reflux.
- Most of the materials that are used in these bottles squishy and soft, making your baby comfortable while holding or touching it.
- These best bottles for breastfeeding ensure that the flow is proper and steady.
- The nipples of these best bottles to reduce gas and spit up are soft and comfortable so that latching would be easy for babies, especially newborns.
- Anti-colic properties.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Steady & proper liquid flow.
- Bottles are hygienic and safe as well.
- Easy to clean.
- Slow flow nipples are the only available option.
10. Flipsi Natural Silicone Baby Bottle
Flipsi Natural Silicone baby bottles come with an innovative and unique bottle design, which also provides high-quality performance and functionality.
- Flipsi Natural Silicone baby bottles are the best breast-to-bottle solution – dues to its familiar shape of the nipple to reduce confusion.
- This best baby bottle comes with flexible sides that naturally equalize the pressure and eliminates complicated valves.
- With its push-out-air-before-feeding technique, you are minimizing the air to not comes into your babies’ tummy.
- These best newborn bottles from Flipsi will not require you the use of bottle brush – only your hands are enough to clean it.
- These best breast milk bottles are made from 100% silicone are removable, making sure that there would be no mildews and molds left.
- Microwave-safe & freezer-safe.
- Simple to use and safe for breastfeeding or bottle-feed babies.
- Made from food-grade silicone and polypropylene.
- Sterilizer-safe & boiling water-safe.
- Variety of nipple flow rates.
- Easy to clean and removable.
- Unique colic reducing design.
- Mimics breast.
- Bit expensive for some moms.
- Silicone sometimes retains the odor.
- Not breast pump compatible.
Our top recommendation is the Philips Avent Naturals baby bottles. These baby bottles feature safe plastic (BPA-free), mimics the breasts and comes with an advanced anti-colic valve to help your baby get comfortable when feeding. These feeding bottles are easy to use and clean.
With all the options you can find on a store, you will definitely get confused at some point, to make sure that you are buying the best baby bottle for breastfed babies, you need to look for the things to consider and compare each product. Hopefully, this guide helped you to pick the best baby bottle for breastfeeding babies.
-  – “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | Breastfeeding | CDC”. Accessed June 10, 2019. Link.