Best Preventative Stretch Mark Cream For Pregnancy: Being Pregnant is a beautiful part of a woman’s life. It brings the blessing of becoming a mother and a unique glow that will make you look more beautiful than ever before.
Our top pick for the best preventative stretch mark cream for pregnancy is the Organic belly butter from Glow. It has 100% natural ingredients and contains no harmful compounds. It is fragrance-free and works really well!
We ♥ honesty! We earn a commission through the following independently chosen links at no additional cost to you.
But pregnancy also has its downfalls. Besides the morning sickness and the sleepy mood that you will experience for several months, the end of your pregnancy might leave some stretch marks on your body.
The good news is that you can actually prevent these unpleasant stretch marks. And in this complex guide, we will discuss the best creams that you can use to enjoy smooth skin with no marks even after nine months of pregnancy.
Table of Contents
- Why does stretch mark happen during pregnancy?
- When to start using stretch mark cream during pregnancy?
- What to look in the cream?
- 15 Best Preventative Stretch Mark Cream For Pregnancy
- Hayden & Olivia Pregnancy Stretch Mark Prevention Cream – Belly Wonder Balm with Organic Plant
- Stretch Mark Prevention Cream
- Tummy Butter Stretch Mark Prevention Cream – Safe for Pregnancy
- Mama Mio The Tummy Rub Butter, 4
- Stretch Mark Cream – Anti Striae – Pregnancy Anti Stretch Marks
- Shea Terra Mama’s Gold Stretch Mark Preventative Oil 8 oz
- PLAGENTRA Mother’s Belly Stretch Mark Lotion for Preventing and Reducing Stretch Marks
- TriLASTIN Maternity Stretch Mark Prevention Cream, Unscented, 4 fl oz
- Stretch Mark Cream Removal- Decrease Stretch Marks in 93% of Customers in 2 Months
- Amar Botanica Anti-Stretch Mark and Removal Cream
- Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream – 4 oz
- Stretch Patch Stretch Mark+ for Sensitive Skin – Lotion Infused Hot Patch for Stretch Marks 7 Patches per Pack
- Organic Belly & Body Oil For Pregnancy Helps Prevent Stretch Marks
- Scar Removal Cream – Advanced Treatment for Face & Body, Old & New Scars from Cuts, Stretch Marks
- Belly Butter – 100% Organic by Glow Organics
- Key References
Why does stretch mark happen during pregnancy?
Stretch marks are a typical side effect of pregnancy. But even so, they are not happening to every pregnant woman.
- However, if you are not one of the lucky women who get out of pregnancy with no stretch marks, chances are that you will have to take measures to prevent them and even treat them.
- Stretch marks are just what they are called to be: marks left on the skin of your belly as it keeps growing during pregnancy.
- Your skin will struggle to keep up with the rapid changes in size that will affect your body during pregnancy.
- Once you get to a nine months size belly, you will give birth, and your body will go back to its original sizes, or very close to that.
- Under your skin there is a layer of elastic fibers that will break as your skin stretches and ultimately will result in stretch marks.
But the stretch marks might not be limited to your tummy area. You might notice them on your breasts, thighs, and upper arms.
These marks will be red or purple while you are pregnant and they will become white or even gray after you had your baby. But they don’t go away easily!
When to start using stretch mark cream during pregnancy?
To get on top of these unpleasant stretch marks, you can start using special creams created precisely to deal with them.
- However, many women think about what is the perfect time to start using such cream, and they end up using it too late.
- To prevent stretch marks, you need to start using a cream against them as soon as you get pregnant and even before that when you are trying to conceive.
- Your skin has to be prepared for the changes that come along with pregnancy ahead of time.
- If your skin is well hydrated daily, it will be a lot more elastic which will reduce your risks of developing stretch marks.
What to look in the cream?
If you never invested in a cream to prevent or treat stretch marks, you have to know that there are certain aspects to consider.
Since you are pregnant or planning on having a baby you should pay extra attention to any type of cream you add on your body.
There are certain ingredients that you should always avoid during your pregnancy. Here is what to look for in a high-quality stretch mark cream!
A) Safe Ingredients
You should always try to invest in creams that are made with natural and organic ingredients.
- As a pregnant woman, try your best to stay away from paraben, added fragrances, or any other harmful chemicals that your body doesn’t need.
- Always read the list of ingredients and think twice before purchasing a product that is based on compounds, even if it is labeled as safe for pregnant women.
- If you have concerns regarding your anti-stretch marks lotions, don’t hesitate to ask your doctor.
B) Potential allergic reactions
Allergic reactions can appear mostly if you use a cream that contains chemicals, but it can also appear if you are allergic to any of the natural ingredients.
- So, make sure that all the ingredients are safe for you and if you are not sure when it comes to what you might be allergic to, go for a hypoallergenic product.
- It is always better to be safe than sorry so take no risks if you are pregnant.
When you invest in a stretch mark treatment, you have to consider that you will use it every day and even twice a day for many months until you see results.
- If your goal is to prevent stretch marks, you will be using this your entire pregnancy.
- This is why you should be comfortable with the price that it comes at.
- Because once you find a cream that works for you, you will want to stick to it so you should be able to keep reinvesting in it.
15 Best Preventative Stretch Mark Cream For Pregnancy
Hayden & Olivia Pregnancy Stretch Mark Prevention Cream – Belly Wonder Balm with Organic Plant
One of the best creams that you can use to prevent stretch marks is this one from Hayden & Olivia.
- This cream is made like a balm, and it is efficient for both preventing and treating your stretch marks.
- It comes at a budget-friendly cost, and it is safe to use for your entire pregnancy.
- Among the organic ingredients of this product you will find Aloe Vera, shea butter, and vitamin E.
- This product has no scent, so if you are sensitive to fragrances during your pregnancy, this is definitely a plus.
- In total, this balm is made of 12 natural ingredients that are anti-inflammatory and offer your skin the right amount of moisturizer if you use it daily.
- This is a vegan and cruelty-free product, so if you follow this lifestyle it might be the perfect choice for you.
Stretch Mark Prevention Cream
This stretch mark prevention cream is a great product that encourages the production of collagen elastin.
- If your skin has a high enough level of collagen and if it is elastic enough, stretch marks might not be an issue.
- The moisturizer level of this cream is enriched with Vitamin E, and it has plenty of antioxidant properties.
- Plus, your skin will not be so itchy as you are using this cream which will increase your comfort in those late months of pregnancy.
- The cream will get absorbed very fast into your skin as well, and the only scent it leaves is a fresh and clean one that shouldn’t bother you.
Tummy Butter Stretch Mark Prevention Cream – Safe for Pregnancy
Another cream that you can use to make sure you will not have any stretch marks is this one from The Spoiled Mama.
- Just like the name of it says, it will definitely spoil you during your pregnancy.
- It is going to hydrate your skin well enough not to have to break the layer of elastic fibers and give you stretch marks.
- This cream is made of only natural ingredients so you will not have to worry about any side effects.
- This stretch mark prevention cream is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids which have an essential role in keeping your skin hydrated.
Mama Mio The Tummy Rub Butter, 4
Mama Mio is one of the most appreciated tummy rub butter to use during pregnancy.
- But as stretch marks don’t just appear on your tummy,you can use this cream for your breasts or thighs as well.
- This butter is based on a significant quantity of Shea butter along with other natural oil extracts that will hydrate your skin profoundly.
- By using this cream daily, you reduce the risk of developing stretch marks and you will have smoother and healthier skin.
- It will also reduce the itchy feeling that can be so disturbing in the late months of pregnancy.
- For best results you should apply this butter both in the morning and in the evening and rub it gently, so it gets absorbed faster into your skin.
Stretch Mark Cream – Anti Striae – Pregnancy Anti Stretch Marks
Mommy Care also offers a cream to prevent stretch marks that is all-natural.
- The more you use this cream, the more elastic your skin will become.
- You will have soft and healthy skin and no reasons to worry about stretch marks.
- This cream will not clog your pores when you use it, and it contains no paraben or any other chemicals that are not safe for you.
- All ingredients used to create this cream are certified as organic ones so you will have no side effects from it.
- It will get absorbed fast into your skin, and there will be no greasy feeling after you use it.
- You should use this stretch mark prevention cream every morning and evening after your 12th week of pregnancy until you give birth.
Shea Terra Mama’s Gold Stretch Mark Preventative Oil 8 oz
This cream can do miracles when it comes to clearing and preventing stretch marks.
- Among its ingredients there are Marula Oil, carrot seed oil and chamomile oil as well as plenty of vitamins and anti-inflammatory ones.
- You will fall in love with this cream soon after you start using it.
- The founder of this company is a mother herself, and she had not less than 12 children. She is an expert in the best skincare products based on high-quality African ingredients.
- You will not regret using this cream during your pregnancy.
- This is a cruelty-free product, and it has no artificial fragrance. It will increase the elasticity of your skin and therefore, prevent stretch marks.
- You should use it daily for best results. This product contains no paraben, no chemicals, and no sulfates.
PLAGENTRA Mother’s Belly Stretch Mark Lotion for Preventing and Reducing Stretch Marks
This best lotion for pregnancy stretch mark prevention from PLAGENTRA will both prevent and treat your stretch marks which is why it is a must to use it as you are pregnant and after you give birth.
- It is a Korean brand, and FDA approved, so you don’t risk any side effects from using it every day.
- Among its ingredients you will find Centella Asiatica extract which will prevent the stretch marks but also other skin damages.
- This cream with moisturize your skin and make sure that it stays hydrated for the entire day.
- It is also made of a mixture of seven ingredients that are all-natural such as chamomile oil extract, green tea, extract, rosemary and many others that will only add benefits to your skin.
- This product contains no paraben or other chemicals, and it is safe to be used during pregnancy.
- It doesn’t have artificial fragrances either.
TriLASTIN Maternity Stretch Mark Prevention Cream, Unscented, 4 fl oz
TriLASTIN is one of the best companies on the market, and this cream can really save you from all those unpleasant stretch marks.
- It is not one of the cheapest options that you can find, but it is very well worth the investment.
- Your skin will become more elastic and therefore, more resistant.
- This is a hypoallergenic product, so you don’t risk to develop any side effects from using it.
- The main ingredients of this cream are 15 essential oils, but you will not have a greasy feeling once you are done applying it.
- By using this product you can also reduce itchiness significantly and enjoy smoother skin during your pregnancy.
- It is made in USA by scientists who are experts in dermatology and skincare products.
Stretch Mark Cream Removal- Decrease Stretch Marks in 93% of Customers in 2 Months
This product from Botanic Tree is excellent to use if you want to prevent stretch marks but also if you’re going to reduce them.
- You can apply this cream to treat scars too, especially if you had a C-Section delivery.
- Over 93% users declared that they noticed significant improvement in only two months of using this product.
- It contains Cocoa butter and also Centella Asiatica which can reduce the risk of developing stretch marks for up to 34%.
- It also contains other ingredients like avocado and shea butter, both very efficient for nourishing your skin during pregnancy.
- The organic ingredients are safe to be used even on sensitive skin.
Amar Botanica Anti-Stretch Mark and Removal Cream
This anti-stretch marks cream from Amar is a more pricey product, but it also comes at a more professional quality level.
- It is an excellent product for getting rid of the stretch marks that you might already have or prevent new ones from appearing.
- This cream is made with only seven ingredients that are natural and clinically tested.
- It is safe to be used during pregnancy as it has no side effects.
- This cream was created by the best dermatologists in the industry and highly tested to make sure it is safe.
Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream – 4 oz
This cream from Erbaviva is one of the most appreciated products when it comes to preventing stretch marks.
- It is made entirely based on natural ingredients so it can be used on all types of skin.
- Among its ingredients you will find carrot seed oil but also sandalwood oil which are both very beneficial for your skin.
- It also contains cocoa butter that adds vitality to your skin.
- This cream doesn’t contain artificial fragrances of any kind, and it will give you no side effects.
- This cream is not tested on animals either which is also a plus.
Stretch Patch Stretch Mark+ for Sensitive Skin – Lotion Infused Hot Patch for Stretch Marks 7 Patches per Pack
If you want to try something other than a classic stretch mark cream, you can always consider using this patch that might just surprise you.
- You can purchase it from three different options: a sensitive pack, a standard pack and a high potency pack.
- It all depends on the severity of your stretch marks and if you have them or you just want to prevent them.
- If you have stretch marks, you will see the first results within one week of using this product.
- Besides reducing stretch marks, these patches also even your skin tone and makes your skin firmer.
- You can use them on any part of your body, and they will be just as efficient. Your skin will have more collagen, and your tissues will regenerate a lot faster.
Organic Belly & Body Oil For Pregnancy Helps Prevent Stretch Marks
If you are searching for a natural stretch mark remover, this product is for you.
- It is offered by Thena Natural Wellness and is created especially for pregnant women but not only for them.
- You can use this oil on your belly but also on other areas of your body.
- Forget about dry skin as soon as you start using this oil because it brings plenty of hydrating benefits to your skin.
- It will also reduce the itchiness and leave your skin smooth every day.
- This oil contains natural extracts of collagen from different plants but also plenty of Vitamin E that is essential for your skin’s elasticity.
- It is enriched with lavender oil extract which calms your skin and gives it a pleasant natural scent.
- This oil will also even out the tone of your skin and nourish it profoundly without leaving a greasy feeling.
Scar Removal Cream – Advanced Treatment for Face & Body, Old & New Scars from Cuts, Stretch Marks
Another great product that will help you get rid of those unpleasant stretch marks or even stop them from bothering you in the first place is this Puriderma lotion.
- It is destined for your entire body and also your face as it will treat potential scars too.
- You can use it to treat acne signs, C-Section scar, stretch marks, cuts, or any other similar skin problems.
- This product is based on herbal extracts that will nourish your skin and leave it smoother and healthier from the first time you apply it.
- It is suitable for all types of skin as it contains no harmful chemicals.
- You can use it during your pregnancy as well, with no side effects.
Belly Butter – 100% Organic by Glow Organics
The last but not the least product that you can use to prevent or treat stretch marks is this one from Glow.
- Just like the name of the brand says, it will leave your skin glowing once you use it.
- It is made of 100% organic ingredients, and it is very efficient in preventing stretch marks.
- This product is organic and gluten-free, it is also vegan and not tested on animals.
- It contains no parabens, no synthetics, no chemicals, and no artificial fragrances or any other harmful ingredients.
- This butter is made in USA, and it follows the highest safety standards in the industry.
- Among its ingredients you will find organic shea butter, cocoa butter, macadamia nut, and sweet almond oil.
Even if it is hard to choose the best product from this complex list, our top recommendation for the best preventative stretch mark cream for pregnancy is the Organic belly butter from Glow. It comes at a budget-friendly price as well, and it is risk-free.
As you can see, stretch marks are not something impossible to deal with. We strongly recommend to prevent them by using one of the products presented above. But if you already have some stretch marks after you had your baby, you can definitely reduce them with a high-quality cream.
Take good care of your skin and make your health a priority! This guide should have helped you reduce the unpleasant stretch mark and become more confident.
- “Stretch Marks: Common Causes and How To Get Rid of Them”. Accessed September 05, 2019. Link.
- “14 Beauty Ingredients to Avoid During Pregnancy”. Accessed September 05, 2019. Link.
- “Centella asiatica – Wikipedia”. Accessed September 05, 2019. Link.