Choosing the best bra for nursing mothers can be difficult. There are so many models on the market, but then, not all of them will function the same for you. Things can become even more complicated if you are looking for a sports bra.
If we had to choose one sports bra for breastfeeding moms, we would go for the Sublime Nursing Sports bra from Kindred Bravely. You can find this bra on the Kindred Bravely website, and it comes in different sizes and colors.
Table of Contents
- How does sports bra help nursing moms?
- What to look for?
- Best sports bra for nursing mom
- Sublime Nursing Sports Bra
- Sublime Nursing Sports Bra pink
- Sublime Nursing Sports Bra black
- Sublime Nursing Sports Bra grey and black
- HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras
- AKAMC Women’s Removable Padded Sports Bras Medium Support
- Playtex Women’s Nursing Sports Bra with Racerback
- SYROKAN Women’s Bounce Control Wirefree Sports Bras
- Gratlin Women’s Lightly Padded Wireless Racerback Sports Nursing Bra
- HOFISH 3 Pack Seamless Clip Down Deep V Neck Push Up Nursing Bra
- Key References
After you had your baby, you might want to get back in shape, and while this is an enormous task, it can be a struggle if you have a baby to breastfeed every few hours. If you decide to work out at home or join a gym, you will find a sports bra for a nursing mom to be very useful.
We put together a list with ten such bras made, especially for breastfeeding mothers, as well as a helpful guide to make your decision easier!
How does sports bra help nursing moms?
If you never wore a sports bra, you might wonder what its benefits are for you as a nursing mother.
First of all, you will need a bra or more that are nursing friendly. You will have to breastfeed every two, three hours in the first weeks, and sometimes even more often according to your baby’s needs. At times, you might have to breastfeed in public, which makes the bra you are wearing that much more important.
During your nursing months, your breasts will be more sensitive. Because of that, you will need a bra with a shock impact and some cushion to support your breasts. Sports bras offer these features while they still allow you to access your breasts easier when you need to.
Another reason why you might want to invest in a sports bra for nursing moms is that you can use it even when you are not exercising. These bras should be comfortable enough for daily use as well as during your sleep!
What to look for?
As you are shopping for a sports bra for nursing mothers, there are certain things you should take into account.
- Size: A sports bra will be useless unless it fits you perfectly. So, the size of it is essential for your comfort. A good trick is to get such a bra in one size bigger than you would typically wear. As your breasts get filled with milk, their size will increase. Therefore, bigger size will pay off in the end.
- Material: You also want a sports bra that has a breathable and comfortable material. Since you will use this bra during your working out sessions, you will sweat a lot. So, a fabric that absorbs moisture is also a good idea. Luckily, the market offers plenty of options when it comes to materials, so you will definitely find one that will allow your skin to breathe.
- Closure and opening: A proper closure would be one that you can manage in seconds. Hook and eye closure seem to be very popular precisely for that reason. On the other hand, you need a sports bra that allows you to nurse your baby as you need, without too much hassle. So, look at the opening for the cups when you purchase such a bra. You want each cup to open individually so you can access one breast at a time. The clip down option is very efficient in this regard.
- Support: The support a sports bra offers you is also crucial. You don’t want any bra that is flimsy during this time. As a breastfeeding mother, your breasts will anyway be heavier than usual. Therefore, they will need more support, especially during your exercising times. Even so, it is recommended to choose a bra that offers you moderate support. If you choose a bra with a high level of support, you might find it uncomfortable, especially if you have sensitive nipples.
- Multi-purpose bras: Ideally, you will find a bra that you can wear even when you are not working out. If it is fitting you correctly, you could even wear it as you are sleeping. So, choose comfort over other design features to make the most out of your nursing bra.
Best sports bra for nursing mom
Here are the top 10 best sports bra for breastfeeding moms on the market today:
Sublime Nursing Sports Bra
The first sports bra that you will find very comfortable if you are nursing comes from Kindred Bravely.
- This maternity sports bra is a great choice not only for nursing moms but also for pregnant women. It is incredibly comfortable, and it will offer your breasts the support they need during different activities.
- You can wear this bra daily or as a workout bra, and it will be just as useful.
- If you want to choose a specific color, you will be pleased to discover that this bra comes in four different shades. You can also choose between a wide range of sizes from small to extra large.
- The clip-down cups of this bra make breastfeeding easy every time your baby needs a meal. It is a pullover design that makes the bra not only comfortable but also easy to put on and take off.
- As soon as you feel how soft the material is, you will want to keep wearing this bra. The fabric is breathable, and it also absorbs moisture so you can wear it as you are sweating during an intense work out session.
- Comes in a variety of sizes.
- Different colors to choose from.
- Breathable material
- Clip-down design
- Absorbs moisture
- Not recommended for washing machine cleaning.
- Might get stained easily if you don’t use pads.
Sublime Nursing Sports Bra pink
Another best nursing bras from Kindred is this model, which has similar quality with the previous one.
- You will find the material of this bra very soft and comfortable to wear. It is made of 54% nylon, 37% polyester, and 9% spandex. This combination of materials makes it not just soft but also elastic.
- This maternity sports bra comes in four different shades that you can match with your outfits. It is ideal for your gym sessions but also for daily use.
- The sizes that you will find available go from small to extra-large, so you don’t have to worry about not finding the right bra for you.
- The moderate support of this bra will keep your breasts in a comfortable position as you workout. Still, it is also soft and delicate enough to wear it even outside your gym sessions.
- Keep in mind that this bra is made of delicate material. You shouldn’t wash it in the washing machine if you intend to maintain it in good condition for a longer time. Instead, gently wash it by hand and allow it to dry before wearing it again.
- Different sizes to choose from.
- Comes in four colors.
- Soft material
- Moderate support
- Comfortable for daily use as well as work out.
- You will have to wash it by hand.
- Might not offer enough support for bigger breasts.
Sublime Nursing Sports Bra black
This Kindred sports bra is so comfortable to wear that you will love to put it on every morning.
- You will find breastfeeding very easy while wearing this bra. It has clip-down cups and a pullover design, so you don’t struggle at all when you feed your baby.
- This nursing sports bra comes in different sizes and colors that you can choose from. It will not be challenging to find the right bra for your breasts.
- The material of this bra is a combination between 92% nylon and 8% spandex. This fabric is soft enough to be comfortable and elastic enough to allow you to maneuver it.
- You should wash this bra by hand as it is very delicate. However, if you still want to use your washing machine, place it in a lingerie bag and wash it at a delicate cycle to protect the fabric.
- This bra is a winner of the National Parenting Product Award as well and very much appreciated by mothers worldwide.
- Different colors available
- All major sizes
- Made of a comfortable material.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Breastfeeding friendly closure
- The material is too delicate for the washing machine.
- Might not come in sizes big enough for larger breasts.
Sublime Nursing Sports Bra grey and black
Kindred also offers this sports bra that will support your breasts just the way you need to during the breastfeeding months.
- The combination of grey and black makes this bra look very stylish and sportive. But if you are not in love with this color mix, you can choose from the other three options.
- This maternity sports bra comes in the small size, but in limited edition, you can find it in bigger sizes such as medium, large or extra-large.
- The material of this bra is 54% nylon, 37% polyester, and 9% spandex to make it just a bit elastic.
- This nursing sports top is a winner of the National Parenting product award.
- The manufacturer offers a size chart as well that you can consult before purchasing the right bra for you.
- Clip-down cups for easy breastfeeding time. You will not have to struggle at all when you need to nurse your baby.
- Soft yet elastic material.
- Comes in different colors.
- Clip-down opening
- Comfortable for daily use.
- Perfect for supporting your breasts during work out sessions.
- Not all sizes are available.
- Might lose its color over time.
HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras
This Hofish sports bra is ideal for all nursing mothers, and it will turn out to be very useful during your exercising time.
- This is a pack of three bras in the colors you want. You can choose from beige, black, pink, or mixed packs.
- The sizes available for this bra also go from small to extra extra large. It is recommended to consult the size chart before choosing your size, so you find the best bras for you.
- This set of three bras is made of 92% nylon and 8% spandex. Each bra is comfortable and elastic enough to fit you perfectly.
- Along with the three bras, you also receive three extensions and three clips to use them to the best of their standards.
- The closure is a hook and eye one, and each bra is straightforward to adjust. You only need one hand to manage the bra, which makes it so much more useful for nursing moms.
- The smooth drop cups make it easy to feed your baby as you need without struggling at all.
- Set of three bras.
- One hand closure
- Different colors available
- Accessories included
- Easy drop cups for breastfeeding.
- They might wear out sooner if you use them daily.
- The straps might easily fall off the shoulder.
AKAMC Women’s Removable Padded Sports Bras Medium Support
AKAMC also offers an excellent option for a sports bra that will be perfect for nursing mothers.
- This is also a set of three bras that you will love to use during your breastfeeding months.
- You can choose between eight combinations of colors as you place your order. On top of that, these bras come in sizes from small to 3 extra-large.
- The pull-on closure makes each bra very easy to wear and take off as you need.
- You will love the seamless design, which increases comfort but also the removable pads that can add to your freedom of movement.
- The material of each bra is an excellent combination between 96% nylon and 4% spandex. This makes it soft but yet elastic, so it will fit you perfectly.
- It is easy to wash this breastfeeding sports bra by hand as well. It will dry very fast, and you won’t have to worry about damaging the material.
- Great as sports bras but also daily bras and sleep bras.
- Different color combinations
- Set of three bras.
- Seamless material
- Breathable material
- Not recommended for the washing machine.
- The size might contract after a few washes.
Playtex Women’s Nursing Sports Bra with Racerback
This Playtex sports bra will not disappoint you either. It is perfect for breastfeeding mothers but also pregnant women.
- You can choose this bra in any size from small to 3X large. Chances are that you will find the perfect size for you with no struggle.
- As far as the colors go, this bra comes in black, grey, nude, and white. All of these colors will match great with your different outfits, and they are perfect for your exercising sessions.
- The material of this bra is 92% polyester and 8% spandex. This is a comfortable combination and allows the bra to fit your breasts correctly.
- You can adjust the closure and the straps according to your size, so if you purchase a bigger bra, chances are that you can still make it work for you. This is an excellent feature for those who have a breast size that is in between two major sizes, and it needs to be adjusted for comfort.
- You should only wash this sports bra by hand and not put it in the washing machine because it will deteriorate the fabric.
- All sizes available
- Adjustable closure
- Thin foam in the cups for comfort.
- Different colors available
- Adjustable straps
- Only washable by hand.
- Hard to open just one breast.
SYROKAN Women’s Bounce Control Wirefree Sports Bras
This Syrokan bra is a great investment for nursing moms. However, you will find it to be beneficial even if you are not nursing.
- There are eight different colors available for this bra model. You can purchase it in the classic black, white, and grey shades but also more specific ones such as dark red, purple, navy, and others.
- This bra will not just support your breasts, but it also provides a shock control, which will turn out to be very useful during work out.
- There is just enough cushion inside the cups of this bra to offer you the comfort you need daily as well as during your workouts.
- The straps are adjustable, and you can open them easily as well. This feature makes the nursing sports bra breastfeeding-friendly and stylish at the same time.
- The sizes might not match you unless you check the size chart, so make sure to consult that before purchasing your bra.
- Easily adjustable straps
- Eight different colors available.
- Moderate breast support
- Shock control
- Cushioned cups
- Sizes might not match everyone.
- The straps can slide down the shoulder during a workout.
Gratlin Women’s Lightly Padded Wireless Racerback Sports Nursing Bra
This Gratlin sports bra is perfect for nursing mothers but also for pregnant women.
- You have six different colors to choose from when you purchase this bra. They are all colors that will go with a wide selection of outfits such as grey, beige, black, nude, white, or sapphire.
- The material of this bra is a combination of 86% polyamide, 14% spandex. Still, you can also find the same model made of 50% polyamide, 38% polyester, and 12% spandex.
- You will find the hook and eye closure very easy to manage even with one hand.
- It has no wires that might create discomfort, which makes this bra perfect even for intense workout sessions. The racerback style also gives it the stability you need to move freely.
- The front of the bra can be opened with one hand, too, as it has clips to make breastfeeding easier.
- The full cups offer you the support and comfort you need to work out but also during your regular days.
- Plus, this bra comes in all sizes from small to extra-large, so you will definitely find just what you need.
- One hand closure
- Great stability
- Easy breastfeeding access
- Different colors available
- All major sizes
- Might not be as supportive as other bras as it is not too firm.
- Not all sizes will fit perfectly according to the chart.
HOFISH 3 Pack Seamless Clip Down Deep V Neck Push Up Nursing Bra
Last but not the least nursing sports top that will be an excellent investment during your nursing months, is this bra from Hofish.
- This is also a set of three bras so you can change them often and always be ready for your next workout session. They come in six color combinations and different sizes from small to extra large.
- The closure is a hook and eye one that you can manage with one hand, and the front opening is based on clips. Breastfeeding will not be a problem with these bras.
- You can adjust the straps as well, so this bra will fit you perfectly. On top of that, the straps should be very stable if you adjust them correctly.
- The cups have padding to add to your comfort and give a nice shape to your breasts at the same time.
- You will love to wear this bra regularly, so not just when you are exercising because it is so comfortable.
- Along with each set, you also receive useful accessories such as clips and extensions for the straps.
- Soft and comfortable material.
- Adjustable straps
- Secure hook and eye closure.
- Clip down opening
- Different colors and sizes.
- Might not be very comfortable for larger breasts with a small bandwidth.
- Not as supportive as other bras.
Can I sleep with my sports bra on?
If you find a bra that is comfortable enough to sleep with it, yes, you should. A right sports bra should support your breasts without creating any discomfort. So, if that is the type of bra you have, you can enjoy its benefits during the night as well.
Can I wash my sports bra in the washing machine?
You will notice that most sports bras are not recommended to be washed in the washing machine. So, most likely, you will have to wash it by hand. But, you should check the description of the product to make sure what is the proper way to clean it.
Should I wear my sports bra even when I’m not working out?
Yes, you can wear such a bra daily if you find it comfortable. It depends on the type of material it comes with as you want a bra that will allow your skin to breathe. The opening system is also essential. If you intend to wear it the entire day, you should be able to open it quickly to feed your baby.
Choosing the Kindred Bravely model was not difficult, considering that it comes with so many useful qualities that will help you daily.
- We love the fact that this bra is made of nylon, polyester, and spandex. This combination will be comfortable enough but also breathable.
- It is functional for more than just wearing it during your workout sessions. You can wear this bra every day and even when you sleep.
- The low impact, along with the moderate support, makes this sports bra perfect for nursing moms who want to get back in shape.
- The fact that is padding-free will give you freedom of movement as well. Plus, you can always add your own pads to protect your bra from staining.
As you can see, finding the best sports bra is not complicated as long as you know what you are looking for.
The list in this guide should help you identify the perfect bra for you during the breastfeeding months. Keep in mind the most important aspects to look for in such a bra and find the one that suits most if not all of your needs!
- “Maternity bras and nursing bras: what you need to know | NCT”. Accessed August 22, 2020. Link.
- “breastfeeding in public – NHS – NHS”. Accessed August 22, 2020. Link.