As a mom who just gave birth to her little one, expect that a lot of breast-milk is stored in your breasts – and leaking is a part of it. So you will need nursing pads. However, which nursing pads are best? Let’s explore the answer on this page.
Our top pick for the best nursing pads are from LilyPadz. These are made of 100% medical grade silicone, economical, soft, absorbent, and breathable.
Table of Contents
- What are the nursing pads?
- Do nursing pads collect milk?
- How many nursing pads do I need?
- How often to change nursing pads?
- Disposable Nursing Pads vs. Washable Nursing Pads
- What to look for in the nursing pads?
- What to avoid in the nursing pads?
- Which Nursing Pads Are Best?
- Lansinoh Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads
- Kindred Bravely Washable Organic Nursing Pads
- BabyBliss Reusable Bamboo Nursing Pads
- Bamboobies Washable Nursing Pads
- Hey Mama Disposable Nursing Pads
- Lansinoh Washable Reusable Nursing Pads
- M&Y Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads
- Phogary Washable Nursing Pads
- Hicoco Organic Bamboo Nursing Breast Pads
- Wegreeco Bamboo Nursing Pads
- NatureBond Disposable Nursing Pads
- Babygoal Bamboo Nursing Pads
- Baby Zeli’s Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads
- LilyPadz Nude Silicone Nursing Pads
- Johnson’s Disposable Nursing Pads
- Key References
Having a breast full of breastmilk is quite difficult, especially when you have some errands to do outside your home – not to mention that it’s painful when it is full.
Surely, you don’t want to get your shirt wet when you’re outside, that’s why for new moms, using nursing pads can be helpful to this situation.
What are the nursing pads?
Nursing pads are used to protect your clothes from getting wet because of breastmilk. Milk leaks are not only embarrassing, but they can also ruin your clothes and add some works in your laundry.
Furthermore, breastmilk can spoil the materials of your garments – permanently.
These are the alternate names for the nursing pads in the market place today:
- Breast pads
- Breastfeeding pads
- Maternity pads
- Nipple pads
Do nursing pads collect milk?
There is a specific accessory to the breasts that collect breastmilk and transfer it to a bottle or storage bag – and that is called breast shells. Nursing pads, however, absorb the milk and when it is full, you need to change it and wash it.
How many nursing pads do I need?
The number of breast pads you need in a day depends on how you can frequently wash them. If you think you can wash it every other day and you leak 2 to 3 times each day, then you will be needing 8 to 12 washable nursing pads.
How often to change nursing pads?
As long as the nursing pads get wet, you should change it as soon as possible so that you will not develop skin discomforts.
Disposable Nursing Pads vs. Washable Nursing Pads
There are different types of nursing pads – and all come in different shapes and sizes. The most used are the disposable and washable ones. Here’s how they differ from one another:
- Disposable nursing pads are made to be worn once and throw them away once they get wet, while washable nursing pads can be changed and washed after they get wet.
- When it comes to price, disposable ones can be more expensive since you need to buy it again and again, but with washable ones, you can save more money because you can reuse it after wash.
- Disposable breast pads are great for traveling because you don’t need to wash them off, just like using washable nursing pads.
- Reusable nursing pads are more eco-friendly than disposable ones.
We recommend using washable nursing pads not only because they can save you from hundreds of dollars, but also it provides breath-ability that disposable nursing pads can’t offer due to its plastic lining and backside – not to mention how these disposable breasts pads negatively affect the environment.
What to look for in the nursing pads?
When choosing the best nursing pads to use, you should also consider some factors and set criteria according to your needs.
Here’s are the factors to look for in nursing pads:
- Materials used
- Anti-leak guards
What to avoid in the nursing pads?
Though using nursing pads are helpful to new mothers out there, they should also keep in mind what to avoid when using or choosing nursing pads:
- Don’t get your breasts soaked in breastmilk. If the pads are already wet and full, change it as soon as possible.
- If you are going to use disposable breast pads, make sure not to use plastic-lined pads because there would be no better airflow.
- If you are traveling, avoid using washable breast pads because it will be hassle throughout your trip.
- For active moms, don’t use pads that don’t have adhesive.
Which Nursing Pads Are Best?
Here are the top 15 best nursing pads in the market today:
Lansinoh Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads
Each disposable nursing pad from Lansinoh is made of a quilted honeycomb lining that’s great for leakage coverage.
- These breasts pads have great absorbency capacity – and they can be used for both day and night.
- It features a breathable waterproof lining and one-way moisture technology that helps prevent milk leakage.
- Lansinoh Stay Dry disposable nursing pads are designed with a contour to mold to breasts better.
- These nursing pads from Lansinoh are individually wrapped for hygiene purposes.
- It includes adhesive tapes to keep the nursing pads from shifting inside your bra.
Kindred Bravely Washable Organic Nursing Pads
These 8 pieces of nursing pads from Kindred Bravely are washable and comes with a carrying bag.
- It features a contoured shape to fit better in your nursing bra – not too thick and not too thin.
- These nursing pads are not only reusable & washable but also provide maximum leak-proof coverage.
- Kindred Bravely washable breast pads boast a maximum leak-proof coverage – keeping you dry and discreet.
- It is ultra-soft and hypoallergenic so that your skin and nipple will feel comfortable and will not develop rashes and other skin discomforts.
- It is made of waterproof PUL layer, soft organic bamboo layer, and ultra-absorbent microfiber middle layer.
BabyBliss Reusable Bamboo Nursing Pads
BabyBliss reusable bamboo nursing pads come in 3 different sizes to fit better and correctly to any size of breasts.
- These reusable bamboo nursing pads are made of 78. 5% Rayon made of bamboo and 21. 5% polyester.
- It features a contoured shape-wear design to hold onto the natural shape of the breasts – more discreet and will not shift around.
- With BabyBliss, you will get 14 pads plus 3 free more pads that come in different colors.
- These 14+3 nursing pads come with a large washbag for laundry.
- It features a 3-layer of protection – ultra-soft bamboo cotton for maximum comfort, super absorbent inner lining for maximum absorption, and a leak-proof outer layer that ensures maximum protection against leakage.
Bamboobies Washable Nursing Pads
This pack contains 3 pairs of regular nursing pads and 3 pairs of overnight nursing pads – all in pastel colors.
- Bamboobies washable nursing pads are created from bamboo rayon that is super soft and comfortable to the skin and nipples.
- It features a milk-proof liner that stops leaks so that your shirt will not get wet quickly.
- Aside from bamboo rayon, it also consists of cotton and hemp fabrics.
- It is designed to keep you comfortable and dry at the same time, that’s why it includes nursing pads that are for light leaking and overnight leaking.
- Another great thing about Bamboobies is that they are eco-friendly – meaning not only safe for moms but also to the environment.
Hey Mama Disposable Nursing Pads
Hey Mama nursing pads are made with breastfeeding moms in mind – and were designed to fix the problems of typical nursing pads.
- These breasts pads from Hey Mama have several ultra-soft, ultra-absorbent layers for total comfort and maximum absorbency.
- It comes with adhesive strips so that these nursing pads will not shift and stays in place.
- Hey Mama breast pads offer the highest quality nursing pads at an affordable price.
- These nursing pads are thick yet soft enough to accommodate heavy leaks.
- For the hygienic purpose, each breast pad is individually wrapped.
Lansinoh Washable Reusable Nursing Pads
Lansinoh washable breastfeeding pads are ultra-soft and super comfy – and even works with the most sensitive skin.
- These breastfeeding pads hold up to 9x more absorbency.
- It features a waterproof layer for extra discretion and confidence, with specialized plant fiber core for fast absorption and drying.
- Each reusable breast pad comes in a contoured shape that conforms to the breasts with no noticeable lines.
- This full set comes with 2 pairs of nursing pads and a mesh washing bag.
- Lansinoh nursing pads boast a unique teardrop design that molds into your breasts.
M&Y Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads
Each kit of M&Y Organic comes with 7 pairs of organic bamboo breastfeeding pads – that are washable and reusable.
- Each nursing pad from M&Y Organics comes in a contoured fit so that it will perfectly fit into the breasts.
- Its outer layer is 100% leak-proof so that you will not be conscious at all times.
- With M&Y Organic, you only not get efficient and reliable nursing pads but also an organza bag and laundry bag.
- Since these nursing pads are made of organic bamboo, they are super soft and more absorbent compared to other brands.
- M&Y Organic breastfeeding pads come in 2 different sizes to choose from and include 14+3 pads per kit.
Phogary Washable Nursing Pads
Phogary eco pads for breastfeeding moms are made from bamboo fiber, 100% safe for babies to latch on after use.
- Since these nursing pads are made from organic bamboo materials, they are ultra-soft and most absorbent, giving the total comfort to your sore nipples.
- It features a 3-layer structure – inner bamboo, middle layer microfiber, and outer layer.
- These breastfeeding pads for moms allow you to save more and help protect the environment.
- It includes a carry bag for secure storage and a mesh bag for easy wash.
- With its bamboo-filled materials, you can ensure its softness, plus they are hypoallergenic too – works with the most sensitive skin.
Hicoco Organic Bamboo Nursing Breast Pads
Each set of Hicoco nursing breast pads comes with 14 pieces of breastfeeding pads and a laundry bag.
- Hicoco washable & reusable nursing pads made of round, contoured shape, fit better n your bra, don’t shift around.
- It is made of a bamboo layer that’s natural and ultra-soft for the skin to ensure that nipples are protected.
- Each pad consists of a middle layer and outer layer for maximum absorbency and prevents leaks.
- These breast pads for moms are hypoallergenic, meaning it works well even with the most delicate skin type.
- It has a waterproof PUL outer layer to ensure that it will not leak and saves you from embarrassment.
Wegreeco Bamboo Nursing Pads
Wegreeco bamboo nursing pads contain 14 pieces of breast pads, a travel bag, and a laundry bag for easy storage and wash.
- With Wegreeco breastfeeding pads, you can choose from 2 different sizes so that they can fit perfectly into your breasts.
- Wegreeco nursing pads allow you to prevent milk leaks while being fashionable – you can choose from 5 different colors.
- These organic bamboo breast pads are soft and comfortable to wear, ensuring that your nipples are protected.
- Aside from having an absorbent middle layer microfiber, each pad also comes with outer layer backside TPU lamination to efficiently keep the wet away from the clothes.
- Wegreeco breast pads are e from durable bamboo fabric, extremely breathable, and the dry layer wicks away the moisture at all times.
NatureBond Disposable Nursing Pads
Each box comes with 100 pieces of nursing pads that absorb milk leaks 40x its weight.
- NatureBond disposable nursing pads are thin and discreet, making it perfect for all occasions.
- It features a world’s quick hydro honeycomb quilted lining patented design for total comfort and softness & absorption.
- Each breast pad for lactating moms comes with a contoured shape design that cups breasts comfortably.
- To stick well and stays in place, these nursing pads include adhesive strips.
- For the hygienic purpose, the nursing pads are individually wrapped and sealed in waterproof wrappers.
Babygoal Bamboo Nursing Pads
Of all the products mentioned, the Babygoal bamboo nursing pad is the most fashionable and cutest breastfeeding pads for moms.
- Each pack of Babygoals nursing pads comes with 6 pairs of breast pads itself, a mini wet bag, and a laundry bag.
- It consists of 3 layers – 1 layer of waterproof PUL, 1 layer microfiber, and 1 layer of super absorbent bamboo.
- These breastfeeding pads for moms are breathable enough to let the skin breathe so that you will not develop skin discomforts.
- It features a side-leaking liner to prevent milk leakage and keep your clothes stay dry.
- Since these are made from bamboo and washable, they are friendly to the environment.
Baby Zeli’s Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads
These breastfeeding pads for moms from Baby Zeli’s work best for all skin types – simply hypoallergenic.
- Each nursing pad is made of ultra-soft bamboo so that you are comfortable using it.
- It contains 5 pairs per pack, making it enough for you to use in a day.
- Baby Zeli’s organic bamboo breast pads feature a waterproof layer to prevent the worst leakage.
- The silky bamboo added breathability features as well as lightness against the skin.
- It also includes a laundry bag so you can wash it off quickly.
LilyPadz Nude Silicone Nursing Pads
LilyPads nude silicone nursing pads are quite different from the products mentioned above, these nursing pads are made of silicone.
- It is specially designed to prevent leaking rather than absorbing milk leaks.
- It is made of 100% medical grade silicone.
- With these silicone nursing pads, you can put it directly and go braless, strapless, and you can even use it for swimming.
- Each pack contains one pair – and you can wash & reuse it.
- It features an exclusive design that maintains gentle pressure on the nipple and forms a non-absorbent barrier.
Johnson’s Disposable Nursing Pads
This set from Johnson’s contains 60-count of disposable breast pads with natural cotton designed for total comfort and breathability.
- It features an exclusive contour shape that enables a secure fit.
- These nursing pads from Johnson’s offers softness & comfort through its cushiony soft lining and nipple indentation.
- Each breastfeeding pads for moms features natural cotton and is free from fragrances, phthalates, and dyes.
- It is super absorbent with a breathable protective cover to keep you dry while on-the-go.
- It comes with adhesive strips so that these breasts pads will remain to its plays, and you will not be conscious of checking them from time to time.
Looking back at the products mentioned above, our top recommendation for the best nursing pads would be the silicone nursing pads from LilyPadz. These breast pads are made of 100% medical grade silicone, soft, breathable, and comfortable to wear.
Furthermore, these nipple pads don't waste any amount of milk.
When choosing the best nursing pads, it is essential that they are soft, comfortable to wear, economical, and don’t waste the gold liquid you have.
Hopefully, this guide helped you chose the best nursing pads in the market today.
-  – “What’s in Breast Milk? – Nutrients and Vitamins in Breast Milk”. Accessed November 27, 2019. Link.
-  – “NEW Washable Nursing Pads – Lansinoh”. Accessed November 27, 2019. Link.