If you are breastfeeding your baby, you should pay attention to your diet. This includes your alcohol intake, which should be reduced to a minimum.
Ideally, you shouldn’t consume any alcohol if you are breastfeeding, but if you happen to enjoy a drink every now and then, you need to make sure it doesn’t get into your breastmilk.
Table of Contents
- How Much Alcohol Gets into Breast Milk?
- How do strips help to test breast milk for alcohol?
- Best Strips to Test Breastmilk for Alcohol
- 1. UpSpring Baby Milkscreen Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
- 2. Highly Sensitive Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
- 3. PREGMATE 30 Alcohol Breast Milk Tests Breastmilk Strips
- 4. iBstone Easytest Alcohol Test Strips for Breastmilk
- 5. Just Milk Alcohol Test Strips for Breastmilk
- 6. Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips for Breastfeeding Moms
- 7. [email protected] Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
- 8. Papablic Test & Safe Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
- Key References
The best way to stay on the safe side is to use strips to test breastmilk for alcohol. Guessing how much alcohol is in your breastmilk is never a sure way.
So, investing in some suitable breast milk test strips can save you from a lot of stress and make sure your baby is not exposed to any amount of alcohol.
How Much Alcohol Gets into Breast Milk?
If you like to have a drink every now and then, you are probably wondering how much alcohol gets in the breastmilk. The good news is that not a lot of alcohol will reach the breastmilk .
But considering that your baby doesn’t need any of it, you should still make sure your breastmilk is clean of alcohol.
- The exact amount of alcohol that gets into the breastmilk is generally low as long as the mother drinks in moderation. You can calculate how much alcohol will be found in your breastmilk by using different online calculators.
- The amount of alcohol found in your breastmilk will depend on your weight, height, as well as how many drinks you have.
- So, this amount will be specific to each woman individually and not a general number. A general rule says that 2% of the alcohol you drink gets into your blood. From there, it reaches your breastmilk in the same proportion.
However, you should know that alcohol has the highest concentration in breastmilk the first hour after drinking it. If you had one drink, it takes up to 3 hours to eliminate it from your breastmilk, two drinks take up to 6 hours and three drinks up to 8 or 9 hours.
How do strips help to test breast milk for alcohol?
To not guess how much alcohol is in your breastmilk, using alcohol breastmilk test strips is a wise decision. These breast milk test strips are relatively easy to use as well, so you will not have to struggle at all.
- All you need to do is introduce the strip in the milk and give it up to two minutes until you see the results. These breast milk alcohol test strips are made of plastic, and they have a side that is filled with reactive chemicals. These chemicals will cause the surface of the strip to change color if alcohol is detected.
- According to the types of alcohol test strips for breast milk you use, different colors will mean different alcohol concentrations. But not all these strips to test breast milk for alcohol are as accurate as you would expect them to be.
This is why we put together a list of the best strips to test breastmilk for alcohol that we could find on the market!
Best Strips to Test Breastmilk for Alcohol
The following strips are some of the most accurate ones when it comes to testing the level of alcohol in your breastmilk. They are highly appreciated by nursing moms all over the world, and you can rely on them at all times.
1. UpSpring Baby Milkscreen Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
One of the best set of strips that you can use to test breastmilk for alcohol is this product from UpSpring Baby.
- These milkscreen test strips were sold in over 10 million copies, and it is famous worldwide. So, you can count on the fact that you can’t fail with these strips.
- These upspring milkscreen test strips are very efficient in detecting the level of alcohol in breastmilk. They are very sensitive and efficient.
- It takes around 2 minutes to detect the level of alcohol in the breastmilk by using these strips.
- The company has a history of over a decade in this industry. This is also why it can be trusted.
- These upspring alcohol test strips are supported by specialists in lactation as well as the best doctors in the industry.
- In one package, you receive 30 individual strips that you can use every time you need to test your breastmilk.
2. Highly Sensitive Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
Another set of breastmilk strips that you can invest in with no regret is this one from Safe Milk for Breastfeeding.
- You can choose between purchasing a pack of 10 or a pack of 22 strips.
- These alcohol breast milk test strips also give you the results in 2 minutes. They tell you the level of alcohol according to an exclusive and very accurate chart that comes with the product.
- You can use the chart to find out how long it takes for the level of alcohol in the milk to go away.
- The accuracy of these strips is 99.99%, so you can rely on them at all times. They detect the smallest levels of alcohol you might have in your breastmilk.
- You receive a complete manual that helps you use these strips correctly.
- These alcohol testing breast milk strips are approved by the best doctors in the industry.
3. PREGMATE 30 Alcohol Breast Milk Tests Breastmilk Strips
PREGMATE also offers a set of very reliable alcohol testing strips to make sure your baby is safe at all times.
- You can choose between a pack of 10, 20, or even 30 strips.
- The results you get with these pregmate alcohol test strips are very reliable and with serious accuracy. So, you can count on them being efficient.
- They are also straightforward to use, and they come with clear instructions. You have not left guessing, and you will be able to use these strips any time you need to.
- The results appear in around 2 minutes. You will know as soon as possible if there is any alcohol in your breastmilk or not.
- The level of alcohol is highly established. These alcohol milk strips give you more than just a positive or negative result.
- Each strip will come wrapped in its own bag, so there are no hygiene concerns about using this product.
4. iBstone Easytest Alcohol Test Strips for Breastmilk
Some of the best alcohol test strips for breast milk you can use to test alcohol in your breastmilk are these ones from iBstone.
- The results come in 5 different colors according to the concentration of alcohol in your breastmilk.
- You also find out how long you can breastfeed or how long you have to wait to breastfeed according to the alcohol level found in the milk.
- These test strips for alcohol in breastmilk are recommended by the best lactation experts so you can count on the results they give you.
- The results show up in 2 minutes with an accuracy of 99.99%.
- These breast milk strips to detect alcohol come with all the instructions you need. You will learn not only how to use them but also how to store them in the best way.
5. Just Milk Alcohol Test Strips for Breastmilk
Jula moms offers you a very efficient set of strips to help you detect the alcohol in breastmilk.
- These breastfeeding alcohol test strips come in a set of 12 or one of 22. You can go for as many as you need according to how much alcohol you intend to consume.
- You will notice that the results come in different colors. The color you get will depend on the level of alcohol detected in the milk.
- The accuracy of these strips is an impressive 99.9%, so they are highly reliable.
- You will find it very easy and convenient to use these alcohol testing strips for breast milk. The results appear in 2 minutes, and you are not left guessing at all. Everything is clear when it comes to the alcohol level in your milk.
- Lactation consultants encourage mothers to use these breastmilk test strips just to be on the safe side always.
6. Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips for Breastfeeding Moms
Miloo comes to help nursing moms identify the level of alcohol in their breastmilk with this very efficient set of strips.
- There are 25 strips in a kit, which is a good number to last a decent time.
- These alcohol strips to test breast milk come with clear instructions, so everyone should be able to use these strips with no problem.
- You get more than a positive or negative result. These alcohol breast milk strips tell you with accuracy what is the alcohol concentration in the milk if any at all.
- Pediatricians, as well as lactation specialists, stand by this product, which makes the strips even more reliable.
- The results appear in less than 2 minutes. You will notice different colors according to the alcohol level found.
- These breast milk testing strips for alcohol are made under FDA conditions, so you take no risks by using them.
7. [email protected] Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
[email protected] this handy set of alcohol milk test strips that can help you detect the alcohol presence in breastmilk easy.
- You receive 20 strips in a pack. Each strip should be used only once, as it will not give accurate results if you reuse it.
- The level of alcohol identified is easy to read – thanks to the color it shows up in. All you have to do is compare the color of the strip with the color in the chart.
- You will get your results in around 2 minutes. And you can see the concentration of alcohol detected between 0.02% and 0.30%.
- You shouldn’t have any problem using this product. It comes with a complete set of instructions and a clear chart to interpret the results you get.
8. Papablic Test & Safe Breastmilk Alcohol Test Strips
The last but definitely not the least set of strips to help you detect alcohol in breastmilk is this kit from Papablic.
- This set comes with 24 strips. All of them are wrapped individually and very easy to use. You can count on the fact that they are highly accurate as well.
- The results appear in not more than 2 minutes. You don’t just discover if there is any alcohol in your milk, but you also find out how long you should wait before the next breastfeeding.
- These breastfeeding strips to test alcohol will measure different concentrations of alcohol from 0.02% to 0.30%. So, you will know exactly how much alcohol is in the milk.
- The accuracy of these strips is 99.99%. They are highly appreciated for their accuracy, and you can rely on them at all times.
- Using these strips is very easy, and you find all the answers you might need in the instructions as well.
The strips from Jula moms are a sure investment. You simply can't go wrong with these ones!
- The fact that they detect the alcohol level through different colors makes them very easy to read. You will know at a glance how much alcohol is in your milk.
- We love the fact that you can choose between a smaller 12 strips pack and a bigger 22 strips pack.
- You can use them easy and fast as everything you need to know is in the instructions.
- These strips will take a lot of stress on your shoulders. You will never have to take risks when you enjoy a drink.
- You can bring them with you anywhere you go, so you have them handy every time you need to test your milk.
Using strips to test alcohol in breastmilk is always better than guessing. This way, you are not taking any risks, and you can be sure that your baby gets high-quality milk every time you feed them.
Remember that the safest way is to reduce alcohol and even eliminate it for the time you are breastfeeding.
But these alcohol breastfeeding strips can definitely ease your job by allowing you to enjoy a drink and not be stressed about it.
- “Alcohol and breastfeeding – La Leche League GB”. Accessed December 29, 2019. Link.
- “Drinking Alcohol and Breastfeeding | La Leche League International”. Accessed December 29, 2019. Link.
- “Time to zero alcohol in breast milk”. Accessed December 29, 2019. Link.