Best Lactation Cookies: As a first-time mom, you would probably worry about motherhood and everything – including how you will produce an adequate amount of milk that your little one needs. In this modern time, there are lots of products available online that will help you boost your milk supply – and lactation cookies are one of them.
Before we review the top 8 brands of lactation cookies below, the best one for us is Mrs. Patel's Lactation Cookies. The package includes 14 cookies in one resealable pack, made with all-natural ingredients, and not only recommended by lactation consultants, but also by midwives and Ob-Gyne.
Table of Contents
- Do lactation cookies work?
- Common Lactation Cookies’ Ingredients
- What is Fenugreek, and how does it affect breast milk?
- Best Lactation Cookies to Buy
- Key References
Common Lactation Cookies’ Ingredients
|Ingredients||How does it help to increase milk supply?|
|Flax Seeds||Flax seeds include lignans and fatty acids that help increase the breastmilk supply. (Source)|
|Brewer’s Yeast||Brewer’s yeast is a kind of galactagogue, and therefore, it helps increase the production of breastmilk. It is filled with iron, chromium, and vitamin B. (Source)|
|Rolled Oats||Having a low-level of iron may decrease the supply of breastmilk, and rolled oats are one of the best sources of iron. (Source)|
|Shatavari||Shatavari is another well-known galactagogue that’s able to help increase and of breast milk – a wonder herb for breastfeeding mommies. (Source)|
|Lecithin||Lecithin helps prevent plugged ducts – wherein the passageways of milk are blocked. (Source)|
Best Lactation Cookies to Buy
Here are the best lactation cookies that you can purchase on the market place.
After reviewing all the lactation cookies above, we choose Mrs. Patel's Lactation Cookies as the best one. It is free dairy, Fenugreek, and gluten - and made with only natural traditionally used ingredients. Another great thing about these lactation cookies is that it consists of 14 cookies in one pack.
Mostly, lactation cookies use the same ingredients, but you should also need to consider other aspects like who recommended these lactation cookies, how many cookies are there per pack, and the packaging itself if it’s resealable or not. Hopefully, this guide helped you to be aware of the lactation cookies you can buy.
- “Increasing supply”. Accessed January 29, 2020. Link.
- “Human Milk and Lactation: Background, Pathophysiology”. Accessed January 29, 2020. Link.
- “Galactagogues – Boosting Milk Supply and Production”. Accessed January 29, 2020. Link.
- “Effectiveness of fenugreek as a galactagogue: A network meta-analysis – PubMed – NCBI”. Accessed January 29, 2020. Link.
- “Treatments – lecithin . Issues and Concerns – Mothers . Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation . Fondation canadienne de << allaitement". Accessed January 29, 2020. Link.