Best Newborn Tracking Apps: Having a baby comes with a lot of questions, besides the natural excitement and happiness. And many mothers feel overwhelmed with taking care of a newborn.
But technology can help a lot nowadays. We live in a digital world, and there is an app for everything. Including several ones for tracking your precious newborn.
This guide will help you choose the best newborn tracking app out there and make the most out of it!
This should help you keep the situation under control and enjoy your first motherhood chapter a lot more!
Table of Contents
- Importance of Newborn Tracking Apps in the 21st Century
- The BEST Newborn Tracking App
- Baby Tracker by Amila (Free App) – Recommended
- Baby Tracker. Breastfeeding Tracker. Newborn (Free App)
- Baby Tracker – Newborn Feeding, Diaper, Sleep Log (Free App)
- Baby Daybook – Newborn Breastfeeding Tracker (Paid App)
- Ovia Parenting: Baby Tracker, Breastfeeding Timer (Free App)
- Breastfeeding Newborn tracker, pump and baby diary (Free App)
- Glow Baby: Track Newborn Baby & Toddler Milestones (Free App)
- Baby Care – track baby growth! (Free App)
- ParentLove: Baby Tracker Feedings Diapers Pumping (Free App)
- PiyoLog – Baby Feeding Tracker (Free App)
- Growth Chart, Development Milestones & Vaccination (Free App)
- Child Growth Tracker (Free App)
- BabyTime (Parenting, Track & Analysis) (Free App)
- Baby Tracker – Newborn Care From Head to Toe (Free App)
- Feed Baby Pro – Baby Tracker (Paid App)
- Key References
Importance of Newborn Tracking Apps in the 21st Century
Since our parents didn’t have access to such apps, you might wonder what they can really do for you. Truth be told, life changed a lot in the past decades. Parents are busier nowadays, and children need a lot of attention and care.
Here is how a tracking app can help you enjoy parenthood a lot more and reduce your stress!
- You don’t have to remember everything. As a parent, especially a mother, you should remember feeding times, sleeping schedules, diaper changes, medicine, doctor appointments, allergies, and many other aspects regarding your baby. Having a tracking app will get you off this hassle. All you need to do is log in to your data and check the app when you require specific information.
- You get to observe your baby’s growth easier. These apps will create useful charts and graphs based on your baby’s development. You can quickly see how much weight they gained in a period and how they evolved.
- You avoid serious problems. By using a tracking app, you will notice every difference in your baby’s growth schedule. This will help you identify symptoms and medical conditions before they become severe.
- These apps can be very entertaining. You can use them to create a great photo album and diary. Some tracking apps also come with music to calm your baby down and put them to sleep.
The BEST Newborn Tracking App
Choosing the best app from the list below was not easy. They are all excellent quality and extremely helpful. However, the Baby Tracker by Amila is the one that is most appreciated by mothers from all over the world.
- This newborn tracking app is available for both Android and Apple iOS devices.
- This free app will track everything you need for your baby. It records feedings of all kinds, sleeping, diaper change, and doctor visits.
- It is simple enough that you will not feel overwhelmed with too many features.
- You have access to general statistics regarding the most critical milestones in your baby’s development, as well. These will help you check to see if your baby is growing well and without significant delays.
- The app contains some ads but not too many to give you an unpleasant experience.
- You will not be asked to purchase any paid features as everything in this app is free.
Baby Tracker by Amila (Free App) – Recommended
This app is one of the best you will find when it comes to newborn apps. It is trendy as well and with an outstanding reputation. You will love the fact that this is a free app too!
- You can track your baby’s feeding schedule with this app. It allows you to always stay on top of the feedings and plan according to your newborn’s needs.
- The app allows you to track how much your baby will sleep, as well. Sleep is crucial for newborns, as it helps them grow and develop properly.
- You have access to a calendar where you can note the most important things about your newborn.
- The diaper tracker that comes in this app will also turn out to be very helpful. You will track how many diapers your baby goes through in a day and create a pattern.
- This app will work just fine with both your phone and laptop. You can access it easily regardless of the device that you are using.
- Top 10 Advantages of Breastfeeding List
- How Long To Breastfeed To Get Benefits?
- Top 10 Best Foods That Promote Lactation
- Top 15 Gas Causing Foods For Breastfed Babies
- Top 10 Foods to Stay Away from While Breastfeeding
- Top 10 Fruits to Avoid While Breastfeeding
- Can You Eat Chocolate While Breastfeeding?
- Can You Eat Spicy Food While Breastfeeding?
Baby Tracker. Breastfeeding Tracker. Newborn (Free App)
Another handy newborn app is this one from Wachanga. It is a free app, but you have the option to create a premium account to enjoy even more features.
- This app was downloaded more than one million times all over the world. It is beneficial and reliable.
- You will like the simple and accessible platform of this app. Everything is clear, and you don’t have to waste time understanding it.
- There is an option to track breastfeeding but also which breast you are using the most. It is hard to find a breastfeeding app that is more specific than that.
- You can also track bottle feedings as well as solid food meals. So, you can use this app for older babies as well.
- The baby sleep can be easily tracked too. You will know every day how much your baby slept, and you will be able to discover their pattern in this matter.
- If you need reminders, this app has plenty of them. You can set a diaper reminder, expressing a reminder, as well as feeding and sleeping reminders.
- Do you have more than one baby to track? No problem! This app has an option for tracking multiple newborns at a time.
Baby Tracker – Newborn Feeding, Diaper, Sleep Log (Free App)
NIGHP SOFTWARE offers this free app, with the option to access more premium features. However, even if you choose to keep the app free, you will enjoy a lot of benefits from it.
- You can track almost everything with this app and in a simple way. You will not be stressed about missing a diaper change or a feeding time.
- With this app, you can stay on top of all the challenges motherhood has in store for you. This allows you to organize your time as well as keep a close eye on your baby’s development.
- This app allows you to sync your date from different devices. So you can always have access to your baby’s most relevant information.
- Once you put in the sleeping, feeding, diaper change as well as the weight of your baby, the app generates helpful charts. This will help you see how your baby is growing and compare it to statistics.
- Quite an exciting feature of this app is that you can create an album of pictures of your little one. You will have great memories to cherish for a lifetime.
- You can also track crucial medical information, such as vaccines and medication.
Baby Daybook – Newborn Breastfeeding Tracker (Paid App)
The Baby Daybook app from Drilly apps is one that will help you a lot. It is a free app that comes with premium features for an affordable price.
- It allows you to track your baby’s activity daily. This will enable you to go back and see how they developed over time. You will know exactly how much your baby ate in a day and how many diapers they went through.
- This app allows you to track breastfeeding meals but also bottle meals and even solid food. You can use it when your baby is older than six months, as well.
- You get a chart of your baby’s sleep, and you can implement a healthy schedule for them.
- You can access this app from all your devices so you can always stay on top of whatever your little one needs.
- The reminders section is incredibly useful for busy parents. You can set this app to remind you when it is feeding time, diaper change time, or when your baby should be put for a nap.
- It comes with the feature of tracking more than one baby. This can turn out to be very useful if you have twins or if you are a babysitter.
- There is a dark mode, so you will not bother your little one when you use this app.
Ovia Parenting: Baby Tracker, Breastfeeding Timer (Free App)
Ovia is one of the most popular parenting apps you will find on the market. It is a free app that can completely change your life as a parent!
- Just like other newborn apps, this one allows you to track the baby’s health, including feedings, sleeping schedule, and diaper change.
- You can add more than one newborn with no trouble. The app is designed to support more tracking at the same time.
- You can also add other people to your app who will be able to see the development of your baby, such as family, babysitter, and close friends.
- The app allows you to track all types of feeding on breastfeeding to bottle feeding and even solid food.
- You can check the milestones your baby meets and have them all handy to consult them with your pediatrician as well.
Breastfeeding Newborn tracker, pump and baby diary (Free App)
Whisper Arts offers this handy newborn app that can be downloaded for free. However, you will find that certain features come at a fee.
- This is one of the simplest apps you will find on the market. It has a bright design that you will get used to very fast.
- You can track all your breastfeedings as well as how much your baby eats. So, you will notice every change in your baby’s feeding, and you can correct it if needed.
- You can also track other liquids you baby has such as water or juices. This app can be used if you are feeding your baby with formula milk, as well. It allows you to track solid food as well.
- When it comes to diapers, it can be easy to forget the last time you changed one. But this app will record all of them and even send you reminders.
- You have the option to record your baby’s weight as well as their height. So you can check how much they grow over the weeks!
- If you choose to invest in the premium version, you will not be bothered by ads. You can also export your data to an Excel document and set up an automatic backup for each day.
Glow Baby: Track Newborn Baby & Toddler Milestones (Free App)
This Glow Baby is just the app you need to track your little one’s development. It is a free app with some paid features that you might be tempted to invest in.
- With this app, you can track how often your baby eats, how much they sleep as well as how many diapers they go through in a day. Knowing your baby’s schedule will help you blend it better into your own agenda as well.
- You can track how much your baby grew in a period. This is easy as you will be able to track their weight and height easily.
- There is also a community of other mothers that you can connect with via chat or email.
- This app allows you to add caregivers to it and find valuable information to use for your little one.
- You can create a poll, add a picture or a video, and post to different mother groups.
Baby Care – track baby growth! (Free App)
A great free app is this Baby Care one. It is offered by Breet. Jia and you will not have to pay for any of its amazing features!
- You can choose the baby icon that you want and personalize this app, so you love to use it even more.
- It has the option to track more than one baby, which is perfect if you have twins or if you are a babysitter as well.
- Besides being able to track the baby’s feeding, sleeping, and diaper schedule, it will also monitor the baby’s mood. You will notice when he or she gets fussy more often and understand why.
- You can record your baby’s weight and height easily with this app. It even allows you to record the head circumference of your child.
- There is a chart of statistics that you can look at for different milestones. You will also have access to a teething chart as well as a temperature one.
- Other exciting features allow you to record your baby’s voice, save photos, and create a sweet diary of priceless memories.
ParentLove: Baby Tracker Feedings Diapers Pumping (Free App)
ParentLove by Coquisoft LLC is one of those free apps with some fancy paid features you will find the more you use it. But since the app has all you might need for free, we shall look at it as a free product.
- This app will quickly help you record diaper changes, sleeping hours, feedings, pumping, and even baby moods.
- You can set it up to give you reminders every time you need to do something. It can also record pumping sessions. So, you can adapt it to the type of care you need to give your baby.
- You can track all types of feeding, from breastfeeding to bottle feeding and even solid food meals.
- There is the option to access this app from different devices. You will always be able to track your baby’s activity by merely logging in the app.
- You get a detailed report as well as several charts so you can see your baby’s development over the weeks.
- If you choose the premium version of this app, you get extra features such as recording vaccines and doctor visits. You will be able to track medicine and allergies, as well.
PiyoLog – Baby Feeding Tracker (Free App)
Another free app with certain paid features that are optional is this PiyoLog one. You will find everything you need to track your baby’s growth with no effort!
- You can share the info on this app with your family by adding more admins to it. This gives both you and your partner access to your precious little one.
- The platform of this app is also very friendly and easy to use. It has pastel colors and a clear menu so you can get to the data you need in seconds.
- You can track feeding times and set reminders, so you never miss or delay a meal.
- The app also gives you detailed charts and graphs to check on your baby’s evolution over time.
- You will be able to use this app one-handed as you are nursing, thanks to its friendly format.
- There is also an option to record baths, vaccines, rashes, or any type of allergies and symptoms. However, some of these extra features will come for a fee.
Growth Chart, Development Milestones & Vaccination (Free App)
This Growth Chart app has everything you need always to be informed regarding your baby’s development. This app is entirely free, which is an excellent advantage as you will be able to use it for a long time.
- It tracks your baby’s growth in terms of weight and height. You can look back and see how they developed over time quickly.
- You can track their feeding, including breastfeeding, formula feeding, and solid food. You can also record other liquids your baby had in a day, such as water or juice.
- There is also an option to track calories and see how much your child needs per meal, so you feed them correctly.
- The medical information that you can track with this app is also vital. You can record vaccines, treatments, or allergies easily and free.
- You get reminders for all your baby’s activities and also useful daily advice according to their age.
- This app is created by doctors and updated by them regularly. So, all the information you get is accurately checked by specialists.
Child Growth Tracker (Free App)
Another great app is this Child Growth tracker. This one is also completely free and full of useful sections to track.
- You can track more babies at once by making different profiles. This is extremely useful if you are a mother of multiples, and you know each baby has their own patterns.
- It gives you the possibility to track weight, height, and other measurements that help you check the development of your baby. You also get a chart with this info so you can quickly look back on it.
- You can choose to use this app as a cloud backup, as well. It saves all your information so you can always have access to it anytime you need to.
- You can also compare your baby’s growth with useful statistics so you can stay on top of the most important milestones.
- This app can be customized in a variety of colors so you can make as appealing to you as you want.
- The reports and charts you register on this app can be easily saved in PDF and shared on multiple devices.
BabyTime (Parenting, Track & Analysis) (Free App)
This Simpler app is free as well for the basic features it covers. You can always have access to the premium features for a fee, but this is optional as the app can be handy in its free version.
- The essential features of this app help you record breastfeedings, formula feedings as well as solid food. You can also record doctor visits, sleeping schedule, and how many diapers your baby used in a day.
- Add the weight and height of your baby and consult the evolvement by using the chart generated by this app.
- Your data can be synced easily, and you can access it from any device. All you need to do is log into the app, and you have all the info you need.
- An interesting feature of this app is the music box. This allows you to help your baby fall asleep easier.
- You can track more than one baby at a time.
- The reminders are there, as well. You just need to set them up, and you will never miss a diaper change again!
- One of the premium features is the quick memo. This saves you typing time, and you can use it to record sudden changes when needed.
Baby Tracker – Newborn Care From Head to Toe (Free App)
This Baby Tracker app is extremely useful, as well. It will work great as a free app, but you can also use it in the premium version.
- This app gives you the option to track the baby’s development, including their weight, height, and moods.
- You can track feedings of all kinds as well as sleep schedule and diaper changes.
- What is interesting is the fun side of this app. It comes with a game that can help you relax as well as a digital coloring book.
- You can use it to create invitations for special events in your baby’s life, such as baby shower, baptism, or a party.
- You can track vaccines, medical treatments, and doctor visits. The app will also give you general medical insight regarding specific symptoms your baby might have.
- It also comes with a playlist that will help your baby calm down when they are fussy, or they can’t sleep.
Feed Baby Pro – Baby Tracker (Paid App)
The last but definitely not the least app that you can rely on is this Feed Baby app from Penguin Apps. It is a paid app with plenty of medical insight to use.
- You can record your baby’s feeds, diaper changes, sleeping schedule, and other aspects as well. All these records will be easy to compare with medical statistics that this app will give you.
- Once you add enough data, you will get a growth chart that will give you an overall image of your baby’s development.
- Your child’s routine will be easy to check in the timeline of daily activities. The app also gives you suggestions regarding what activities you should add to your baby’s schedule. These suggestions are based on their age and development, as well.
- The app has a clear menu that is easy to access. You can add all the info you need and get to it in a matter of seconds.
- If you want to customize this app, you have 16 catchy themes to choose from. You can also share your data with family members or your doctor.
- There is also a teething tracker that you will find very useful.
- You will find a free version of this app in the iOS store if you are interested in it. However, the free version has a lot fewer features and graphs.
These apps will ease your motherhood time a lot, and you will get to enjoy more time with your baby. They are even more essential for mothers with more than one child who has different parameters to check and track.
Each baby is different, and the better you know them, the more you will be able to do for them.
- “When and How Should You ‘Track’ Your Newborn?”. Accessed December 11, 2019. Link.
Awesome post! Keep up the great work!